Cardinal Health Remote Insurance Verification- Rep II, Contract and Billing in Georgia
B2 Entry level
Remote opening Hours: M-F 8:30 am-5:00 pm EST (or as business needs dictate)
What Contract and Billing contributes to Cardinal Health:
Contracts and Billing is responsible for finance related activities such as customer and vendor contract administration, customer and vendor pricing, rebates, billing (including drop-ships), processing chargebacks and vendor invoices, developing and negotiating customer and group purchasing contracts.
- Demonstrates knowledge of financial processes, systems, controls, and work streams.
- Demonstrates experience working collaboratively in a finance environment coupled with strong internal controls.
- Possesses understanding of service level goals and objectives when providing customer support.
- Demonstrates ability to respond to non-standard requests from vendors and customers.
- Possesses strong organizational skills and prioritizes getting the right things done.
The Insurance Verification Representative is responsible for verifying all new patients’ primary and secondary insurances to determine coverage.
- Responsible for verifying patient insurance through either a phone call of web
- Reprocessing orders
- Completing 53+ audits per day
- Contact the primary and secondary insurance and obtain all pertinent information per standard department procedure.
- Process and enter manufacturer and HCP referrals per standard department procedure
- Enter all information into the computer insurance screen.
- Verify all benefits and determine if collection is needed. Forward orders to the appropriate destination or queue.
- Assist in team projects as needed.
- Comply with laws and regulations as they pertain to services provided by the Company. This includes supporting and demonstrating compliance with the Company’s Compliance and HIPAA Plans.
- Promptly report any information regarding a known or suspected violation of any applicable laws, regulations, standards or company policy.
- Represent the culture and values of the Company to other groups, agencies and the general public, and ensure accuracy of public information materials.
- As applicable, attend in-service, continuing education or seminar programs to stay current with industry and community trends.
- Attend all required Compliance, HIPAA and other scheduled training.
- As applicable, present to management and staff.
- Identify, support and demonstrate the Company’s culture and values to ensure quality service to both internal and external company customers.
- Support and demonstrate the Company’s values.
- The duties listed above are intended to outline the main responsibilities of this position. The duties are not intended to be all-inclusive or to limit the discretionary authority of supervisors to assign other tasks of a similar nature or level of responsibility.
- HS Diploma, GED or equivalent experience preferred
- 1+ years’ experience in related field preferred
- Good communication skills written & verbal
- Good computer skills
REMOTE DETAILS: You will work remotely, full-time. It will require a dedicated, quiet, private, distraction free environment with access to high-speed internet. We will provide you with the computer, technology and equipment needed to successfully perform your job. You will be responsible for providing high-speed internet. Internet requirements include the following:
Maintain a secure, high-speed, broadband internet connection (DSL, Cable, or Fiber) at the remote location. Dial-up, satellite, WIFI, Cellular/Hot Spot connections are NOT acceptable.
Download speed of 15Mbps (megabyte per second) (25Mbps – Minimum) but (50Mbps – Recommended) if nobody else at home streaming.
Upload speed of 5Mbps (megabyte per second) (10Mbps – Recommended)
Ping Rate Maximum of 30ms (milliseconds)
Hardwired to the router
Surge protector with Network Line Protection for CAH issued equipment
All internal applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Rating of “Meets Expectations” or higher during last performance review
- Have been in their current position for at least a year
- Informed their current supervisor/manager prior to applying
- No written disciplinary action in the last year
**External candidates must be able to pass pre-employment items required.- criminal background check.
Anticipated salary range: $13.65/hr.-$16.75/hr.
Bonus eligible: No
Benefits: Health insurance, 401k Contributions, Paid Time Off, Vacation, STD/LTD
Cardinal Health supports an inclusive workplace that values diversity of thought, experience and background. We celebrate the power of our differences to create better solutions for our customers by ensuring employees can be their authentic selves each day. Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, pregnancy, veteran status, marital status, creed, status with regard to public assistance, genetic status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.
To read and review this privacy notice click here (https://www.cardinalhealth.com/content/dam/corp/email/documents/corp/cardinal-health-online-application-privacy-policy.pdf)
We are a team of nearly 48,000 mission-driven partners striving each day to advance healthcare and improve lives. We are Essential to care.
Headquartered in Dublin, Ohio, Cardinal Health, Inc. (NYSE: CAH) is a distributor of pharmaceuticals, a global manufacturer and distributor of medical and laboratory products, and a provider of performance and data solutions for health care facilities
We are a crucial link between the clinical and operational sides of care, working with more than 4,500 sourcing and manufacturing partners to deliver end-to-end solutions and data-driven insights that advance healthcare and improve lives every day. With deep partnerships, diverse perspectives and innovative digital solutions, we build connections across the continuum of care.
With 50 years of experience, approximately 44,000 employees and operations in more than 30 countries, Cardinal Health seizes the opportunity to address healthcare’s most complicated challenges — now, and in the future.
On Thursday, Jan. 7, 2021, we celebrated the day our founder, Bob Walter, had the vision to start a business that became known as Cardinal Health.
One of the most important ways we celebrated was by giving back to the communities where we live and work. 2021 was a "Year of Service” for all Cardinal Health employees around the world.
View Cardinal Health on YouTube (http://youtube.com/user/CardinalHealth)
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
- Cardinal Health Jobs