Lockheed Martin Guidance, Navigation & Controls Associate Engineer (Grand Prairie, TX) in Grand Prairie, Texas
COVID-19 continues to significantly impact our employees, families and communities. With employee health and safety as our top priority, and as a federal contractor, Lockheed Martin is taking action to address the increased risk and uncertainty COVID variants pose in the workplace and ensuring we meet our commitments to national security.
To uphold safety for all employees, we will continue to request vaccination status for all Lockheed Martin employees including new hires. All current and newly hired employees who are unvaccinated will be required to adhere to onsite safety protocols.
Description: At Lockheed Martin, we apply our passion for purposeful innovation to keep people safe and solve the world's most complex challenges. We are seeking a talented modeling and simulation engineer to help the Poland Offset team deliver a 6-Degree of Freedom simulation and a hardware in-the-loop (HWIL) capability along with associated training to an international ally. This program is part of our Integrated Air and Missile Defense (IAMD) product line, which you can learn more about here: https://www.lockheedmartin.com/en-us/capabilities/missile-defense.html?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI45H91f-B8wIV0ZNmAh2pdQbKEAAYASAAEgLqrPD\_BwE. This role can be supported remotely working a 4/10 Flex schedule with occasional onsite support at Lockheed Martin Missiles and Fire Control headquarters in Grand Prairie, TX. This position requires the ability to obtain a current DoD Secret clearance, therefore, U.S. citizenship is required.
What You’ll Do:
• Collaborate with subsystem and software engineers to integrate MATLAB and C++ models of weapons, sensors, ground systems and environments, guidance, navigation and autopilot algorithms and actual Operational Flight Program code into the 6-Degree of Freedom (6-DOF) Integrated Flight Simulations (IFS).
• Use the simulation to stimulate hardware in the Hardware In the Loop (HWIL) Lab to verify performance requirements are met.
• Perform modeling and simulation tasks for system survivability, Safety of Flight (SOF), trade studies and simulation analyses for end-to-end battle management systems (BMS).
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or Aerospace Engineering
• Proficient in C++ and MATLAB
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to work in a collaborative environment
• Willingness to work onsite in a classified lab environment
• Prior experience with Patriot Advanced Capability-3 (PAC-3)/IAMD modeling
• Experience with Python
• FORTRAN experience is a plus
• Familiarity with Model Based System Engineering (MBSE) tools such as DOORS, Rhapsody, Cameo
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
4 yr and up College
- Lockheed Martin Jobs