Lockheed Martin IT&E Engineering and Technology Manager (ETM) in Grand Prairie, Texas
Description: The Precision Fires Integration, Test & Evaluation (IT&E) organization is seeking to fill an Engineering & Technology Manager (ETM) position.
The ETM will work with and collaborate with existing Precision Fires IT&E Engineering and Technology Management staff to lead and manage approximately 10 direct functional reports (fluctuating based on Line of Business (LOB) program staffing demands).
The ETM role is an increase in scope and responsibility for the selected candidate and is expected to contribute up to approximately 10-20% of their time dedicated to functional management duties. The remainder of their time remains dedicated to their assigned program technical responsibilities.
The selected candidate will be responsible for the management and development of their team, support of department initiatives and directorate undertakings, as well as driving technical excellence, affordability, and program execution.
For the management and development of their team, the E&T Manager is responsible for providing technical coaching and mentoring, work assignments, employee career development, continuous ongoing feedback, and being an employee advocate in opportunity discussions.
To support functional initiatives and directorate undertakings, the E&T Manager is responsible for coordinating employee recruitment, selection and training, performance assessments, salary planning, recognition/disciplinary actions, and engineering competency development.
To drive technical excellence, affordability, and program execution, the E&T Manager is responsible for supporting program development, execution of program requirements, adherence to engineering development processes, promoting customer focus, and serving as the technical IT&E conscience for their program and staff.
• Must have experience working at MFC within the Precision Fires program area.
• Must currently posses a Secret Security Clearance.
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, or a related technical discipline.
• Must have demonstrated command of IT&E responsibilities and duties
• Engineering management or team lead experience including task planning, budget management, subcontract management and/or employee development and mentoring.
• Process Improvement and affordability experience.
• Full Life-cycle development experience.
• Prior engineering management experience.
• Strong interpersonal skills.
• Proposal Development experience; basis of estimate (BOE) development.
• Control account manager (CAM) experience.
• Earned Value Management experience.
• Strong business acumen, management influence and whole systems thinking.
• Demonstrated ability to manage complex technical systems/programs.
• Ability to collaborate with multi-functional teams.
• Self-starter personality; ability to multitask.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
- Lockheed Martin Jobs