Lockheed Martin Senior Systems Requirements Engineer (Grand Prairie, TX) in Grand Prairie, Texas
Description: Lockheed Martin's Missiles and Fire Control business is experiencing some substantial growth at our campus in Grand Prairie, Texas!
We are looking for an energetic engineer, looking to grow their skills, while working in a team environment including both new and highly experienced engineers. You would provide system engineering design and analysis support for our Army air and missile defense programs.
• Requirements development, system design, trade studies and interface development.
• Performs analyses for total systems at all levels of total system product to include: concept, design, fabrication, test, installation, operation, maintenance and disposal.
• Ensures the logical and systematic conversion of customer or product requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints.
• Performs functional analysis, timeline analysis, detail trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into hardware and software specifications.
Please see the You Tube videos below as examples of work completed by the engineers with MFC:
MFC in Action
Relocation assistance is possible for this exciting position.
Grand Prairie is part of the “Mid-Cities” region in the Dallas-Fort Worth Metroplex which is in the North Central region of Texas. Grand Prairie is a suburb of both Dallas and Fort Worth. The region offers a great cost of living combined with a robust economy and a pleasant climate. This North Central region of Texas is a great place to live and to raise a family. The region is home to numerous colleges and universities to include University of Texas at Dallas, University of Texas at Arlington, University of North Texas, Southern Methodist University, and Texas Woman's University. The Mid-Cities is the suburban region filling the thirty-mile span between Dallas and Fort Worth. These communities include the cities of Arlington, Irving, Grand Prairie, Grapevine, Southlake, Colleyville, HEB (Hurst, Euless and Bedford), NRH (North Richland Hills and Richland Hills), Haltom City, Watauga, and Keller, along with multiple other smaller towns such as Trophy Club and Roanoke and together represent more people than either Dallas or Fort Worth.
• Must currently posses an active Secret clearance.
• Bachelors degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education, with 5 years of professional experience; or 3 years of professional experience with a related Masters degree.
Candidate must have experience with:
• Synthesizing design characteristics into an implementable system requirements and architecture.
• Development of interfaces for integration of new subsystem.
• Working the flow of system level requirements to testable structures and modular hardware and software using DOORS.
• Performing detail system verification activities including definition of verification methodology.
• The develop of Missile Interface Requirements Specifications.
• Supporting program level design reviews (SRR, PDR, CDR).
• Maintaining upward and downward traceability of requirements between levels of system hierarchy.
• Maintaining documentation to trace critical requirements to customer documents, design decisions, trade studies, and other major program documents.
• Good communication skills, both written and oral.
Experience with the following:
• A development program, and capturing design decisions into trade studies, architecture documents and requirements.
• Military systems, including missiles, sensors and their sub-systems, such as solid rocket motors, control actuation systems, navigation systems and similar.
• Requirement management including a tool, such as DOORs.
• Rhapsody or Cameo tool suites.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
- Lockheed Martin Jobs