US Foods Manager, Food Safety Quality Control (FSQ) Stock Yards- Greensburg, PA in Greensburg, Pennsylvania
Join Our Community of Food People!
THE STOCK YARDS STORY
We’ve been providing chefs with expertly cut and portioned beef and pork for over 120 years, based on rigid meat-selection criteria, precise beef aging and expert trimming. Whatever your need, from white-linen presentation to casual family dining, our procurement experts will find the best-quality options that work for your budget and pack-size needs, carefully selected from our extensive meat assortment.
The Manager, Food Safety Quality Control (FSQA) maintains, updates and implements national food safety, quality and regulatory compliance programs. Implements and maintains the GFSI FS22000 food safety standard. The Manager will continue on developing a strong Food Safety culture across their facility and will have a mindset of Continuous Improvement.
The work this position does is completed 100% on-site in Greensburg, PA.
• Manage the internal quality audit function for the site and ensure effectiveness of the corrective and preventative action process within the framework of the plant's Quality Management System
• Site leader responsible for on-site product risk assessment and risk management plan
• Attend site leadership meetings to report and drive continuous improvement: in sanitation, food safety, quality, and preventative maintenance
• Enforce production suspension to ensure food safety and quality continuity
• Ensure regulatory compliance with USDA, FDA, State and local authorities and act as division’s primary liaison with these agencies
• Develop & implement site specific programs for GMP’s, SSOP’s, allergen control etc.
• Develop and conduct site specific training programs for employees
• Manage HACCP and SSOP validations and verifications
• Manage to contract 3rd party labs and develop bacteria and quality lab testing as needed / required
• Perform 3rd party audit preparation and supplier audits as necessary
• Ensure sanitation requirements are maintained in all areas of the facility under scope
• Work with management, sales and customers as needed to understand and reduce product returns and complaints and implement appropriate corrective actions
• Manage vendor relationships to ensure food safety and raw material compliance specifications
• Manage labeling compliance with USDA/FDA regulations
• Ensure complete data collection and trending on relevant programs
• Review the Pest Control logs from 3rd party services and follow up with corrective actions
• For RTE (Ready to Eat) Facilities only: Coordinate Hygienic Zoning and Flow controls
The Manager, Food Safety Quality Control (FSQA) manages the sanitation activities and/or crew, and may manage the quality technician in plants where applicable
• 4-year college degree or formal training/certification in Animal science/Food safety/Veterinary science preferred
• Minimum 2 years’ experience LEADING plant food safety program required
• 5 years’ experience in a food service processing & distribution environment, preferred
• Food safety training, sanitation (SSOP & GMP), USDA quality troubleshooting and QA process improving skills required
• Meat industry background/experience with food safety/quality knowledge in a meat production environment required
• Experience with a HACCP plan design, measurement, documentation & training required. Formal HACCP training/certification preferred
• Excellent organizational skills and ability to prioritize required
• Critical thinking. Analytical skills. Written and verbal communication skills.
• GFSI (Global Food Safety Initiatives for HACCP Certification
• Strong interpersonal skills required, including the ability to relate and positively influence employees & third parties at all organizational levels
• Physical Requirements: Up to 50% walking in a cold environment Up to 50% sitting Up to 75Lb lifting
EOE* Race/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Protected Veteran/Disability Status*
COMMITTED TO PROTECTING OUR CANDIDATES, ASSOCIATES AND CUSTOMERS
We're continually updating our safety procedures and taking every measure to ensure the protection of our candidates, associates and customers. Our workplace safety efforts include using sanitized interview rooms, social distancing, providing masks and gloves and sanitizing truck cab interiors. We also have COVID-19 Wellness Checks for anyone entering our facilities and safety barriers in select locations in our production facilities. To help our customers make it in this challenging time, we’re providing robust support including webinars, one-on-one consults with our experts and detailed reopening materials.
US Foods is proud to have donated $10 million in food to help with COVID-19 relief efforts to help our local communities make it. Learn more here .
US Foods is one of America’s great food companies and a leading foodservice distributor, partnering with approximately 300,000 restaurants and foodservice operators to help their businesses succeed. With 28,000 employees and more than 70 locations, US Foods provides its customers with a broad and innovative food offering and a comprehensive suite of e-commerce, technology and business solutions. US Foods is headquartered in Rosemont, Ill., and generates more than $28 billion in annual revenue. Visit www.usfoods.com to learn more.
US Foods may collect personal information from you in connection with the application process. US Foods complies with the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018, and its policy may be found here (https://www.usfoods.com/content/dam/usf/pdf/Policies/HR/USF_CCPA_policy.pdf) .
US Foods, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
EEO is the Law poster is available here (https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf) .
EEO is the Law poster supplement is available here (https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf) .
Pay Transparency policy statement is available here (https://www.dol.gov/sites/dolgov/files/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_%20English_formattedESQA508c.pdf) .
US Foods is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the interview process or to perform essential job functions, please contact our US Foods Application Accommodation Line at 866-960-5886. You will be prompted to leave a message. Please state the specifics of the assistance needed and your contact information. A member of our HR department will return your call within two business days.
- US Foods Jobs