Lockheed Martin C-130J Airframe and Powerplant General Mechnaic in Greenville, South Carolina
COVID-19 continues to significantly impact our employees, families and communities. With employee health and safety as our top priority, and as a federal contractor, Lockheed Martin is taking action to address the increased risk and uncertainty COVID-19 variants pose in the workplace and ensuring we meet our commitments to national security.
To uphold safety for all employees, we will continue to request vaccination status for all Lockheed Martin employees including new hires. All current and newly hired employees are required to follow onsite safety measures based upon the COVID-19 Community Level at the specific work location.
Description: This position is located at a Customer site in Iraq. C-130J Airframe, Power-plant General (APG) mechanic; this position is for a highly motivated person to be responsible for performing daily organizational level maintenance in accordance with Iraqi Air Force (IqAF) USAF/LM based technical data and directives; render technical assistance to IqAF personnel in the assembly, operation, service repair and modification of the C-130J; investigate, provide advice, and report on the disposition of difficulties arising in the IqAF operation of aircraft equipment in service; conduct informal On-the-Job Training (OJT) to IqAF technicians in the repair, replacement and service of C-130J systems and in the performance of preventive maintenance. Reads and interprets technical data. Uses test equipment such as oscilloscopes, analyzers, and multi-meter’s and acts as a source of information to the IqAF within individual areas of expertise. Maintain a good working relationship with IqAF customer personnel and be aware of and respect cultural differences at the host location. As a member of this maintenance team, you will be able to pass along your knowledge and expertise, which will be instrumental to the IqAF ability to become a self-sufficient Air Force.
- Must have a minimum of 8 years Airframe, Power-plant General (APG) systems experience C-130 aircraft of which 3 years must be on C-130J.
- Must have a craftsman level (7-Level USAF) in a like position, system
or equivalent i.e.… Navy CDQAR
- Experienced in troubleshooting malfunctions in C-130J airframe and power-plant system of moderate difficulty at the Operational maintenance level
- Experienced in repairing and replacing C-130J aircraft engine, fuel system, anti-icing, pneumatic, auxiliary power unit, propeller, drive train, and secondary power systems
- 8 years is preferred to be on C-130J
- C-130J DTADS/PMA operations knowledge and experience
- Ten (10) years of relevant training experience in military systems
- Experience working in Foreign Military Sales environment
- Experience working at a operational customer site
- Must have a thoroughly comprehensive knowledge of aircraft mechanical component troubleshooting and/or repair procedures and replacement of components, and a thorough knowledge of aircraft systems.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
- Lockheed Martin Jobs