Lockheed Martin F-16 Production Fuel Cell Technicians in Greenville, South Carolina
COVID-19 continues to significantly impact our employees, families and communities. With employee health and safety as our top priority, and as a federal contractor, Lockheed Martin is taking action to address the increased risk and uncertainty COVID-19 variants pose in the workplace and ensuring we meet our commitments to national security.
To uphold safety for all employees, we will continue to request vaccination status for all Lockheed Martin employees including new hires. All current and newly hired employees are required to follow onsite safety measures based upon the COVID-19 Community Level at the specific work location.
Description: Lockheed Martin Aeronautics. Be More Than You Can Imagine .
Our products play an important role in the national security of the United States and more than 70 other countries, ensuring peace and stability around the world. Highly trained and specialized personnel and facilities are key to the company's unrivaled success in the aeronautics industry. Our workforce of more than 25,000 has pre-eminent expertise in advanced aircraft design and production, modification and support.
This position will be part of the Lockheed Martin Greenville South Carolina F16 Production Operations Team. This position provides support by Inspecting, troubleshooting, repairing, overhauling and modifying aircraft fuel systems in accordance with established written procedures, specifications, and standards.
Candidate must be knowledgeable in aircraft fuel systems operation and maintenance to include:
• Fuel Bladders
• Fuel Pumps/Tanks
• Fuel line removal/installation
• Disassembly/Assembly of various Fuel System components
The candidate will be required to:
• Comprehend documents such as safety rules, operating maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
• Use hands to grasp, handle, and/or feel, reach with hands and arms, talk, and hear.
• Frequently stand, walk, stoop, kneel, squat, crawl, twist, and work on or in the aircraft.
• Frequently lift and/or push or pull up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or push or pull up to 50 pounds.
• Occasionally sit, climb, and balance.
• Perform repetitive movements and work overhead.
• Work in a safe and efficient manner while maintaining a clean, FOD-free work area.
• Properly use, handle and dispose of hazardous materials, and toxic or caustic chemicals per Government regulations and company procedures
• Read and speak English.
Mission essential functions and other duties may be assigned as required.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
While performing the essential functions of this job, the employee will be required to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) as needed to perform job tasks. The employee is regularly exposed to vibration.
The candidate will be frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, high, precarious places, outside weather conditions and risk of electrical shock.
What’s In It For You
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
• Paid time off
• Work/life balance
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards & recognition
Learn more about Lockheed Martin’s comprehensive benefits package here.
This position is in Greenville, SC Discover Greenville.
Greenville F16 Production runs on a 7 day work week.
This position may be assigned to any of the 3 working schedules currently in use at the Greenville location:
1st Shift: 4X10A FLEX- 4 10 hr days Mon-Thurs; Fr/Sa/Su off. 6:00 am to 4:30 pm
2nd Shift:4X10A FLEX- 4 10 hr days Mon-Thurs; Fr/Sa/Su off. 4:30 pm to 3:00 am
D Shift: 4X10A FLEX- 4 10 hr days Thur-Sun; Mo/Tu/We off. 6:00 am to 4:30 pm
Working schedule will be provided after a candidate has accepted a position, passed background check and a start date is assigned.
* Employee provided tools are not required for F-16 Production positions.
In the event an employee is re-assigned to Sustainment Operations, the employee will provide a shadowed toolbox with etched tools per minimum inventory detailed by the company within 14 days of re-assignment.
-Candidate must possess 3+ years of Aircraft Fuel Cell Experience to include wing removal/install, tank sealing, fuel line installation, removal and general fuel system repairs.
• F-16 or other fighter aircraft Fuel Cell Experience
• Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings, technical manuals, understanding symbols, flags, and general notes.
• Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
• Ability to identify aircraft locations by station, butt-line, and waterline as shown or engineering documentation and technical orders.
• Ability to work with precision measuring instruments, micrometers, calipers, tape measures, and standard scales.
• Candidate should possess High School education or equivalent (GED).
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
- Lockheed Martin Jobs