Lockheed Martin Production Operations Specialist Sr- 2nd Shift in Greenville, South Carolina
Description: The F-16 Block 70 Production Operations Specialist will be responsible for supporting production processes in a team-based manufacturing environment. The Production Operations Specialist will assist in all phases of the F-16 Manufacturing and Assembly process including, but not limited to, On-the-Job training of structural assembly process, procedure, proficiency training and certification. Primary responsibility once assigned will be to observe, assess, instruct, and train technicians On-the-Job.
Additional responsibilities include:
• The individual must gain a complete understanding and application of principles, concepts, and standards related to aircraft manufacturing and have full knowledge of industry and company practices.
• They must maintain daily vigilance on assembly line to identify deficient structural assembly process, procedure, or personal skill.
• Interface and instruct personnel for the purpose of re-certification and/or make recommendations to supervision/management for de-certification due to substandard performance standards.
• The candidate will be expected to develop solutions to a variety of complex problems regarding the aircraft manufacturing process. He/She may refer to established precedents/policies and are generally experienced in one or more areas of manufacturing operations.
• Will be required to support corrective action investigations, root cause analysis, advise on and implement innovations and process improvements, as well as maintain 6S/lean processes for their area of responsibility.
• Candidate must be capable of passing proficiency demonstration of standards, principles, theories, concepts, and techniques of qualifications described here-in.
• Must be a United States citizen.
• 5 years of experience relative to aircraft manufacturing, structural assembly, or modification.
• Experience reading and interpreting detail, blueprints, lay-out sketches, process standards and specifications
• Experience with understanding aircraft work instructions.
The following Desired Skills are not required but are those skills that would set a candidate apart from other candidates:
• F-16 structural repair experience highly desirable.
• Experience in explaining/demonstrating in detail layout process and secure coordination of assemblies working to station, water, center, and butt lines shown on engineering documents.
Clearance Level: None
Other Important Information You Should Know
Expression of Interest: By applying to this job, you are expressing interest in this position and could be considered for other career opportunities where similar skills and requirements have been identified as a match. Should this match be identified you may be contacted for this and future openings.
Ability to Work Remotely: Onsite Full-time: The work associated with this position will be performed onsite at a designated Lockheed Martin facility.
Work Schedules: Lockheed Martin supports a variety of alternate work schedules that provide additional flexibility to our employees. Schedules range from standard 40 hours over a five day work week while others may be condensed. These condensed schedules provide employees with additional time away from the office and are in addition to our Paid Time off benefits.
Schedule for this Position: 4x10 hour day, 3 days off per week
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
At Lockheed Martin, we use our passion for purposeful innovation to help keep people safe and solve the world's most complex challenges. Our people are some of the greatest minds in the industry and truly make Lockheed Martin a great place to work.
With our employees as our priority, we provide diverse career opportunities designed to propel, develop, and boost agility. Our flexible schedules, competitive pay, and comprehensive benefits enable our employees to live a healthy, fulfilling life at and outside of work. We place an emphasis on empowering our employees by fostering an inclusive environment built upon integrity and corporate responsibility.
If this sounds like a culture you connect with, you’re invited to apply for this role. Or, if you are unsure whether your experience aligns with the requirements of this position, we encourage you to search on Lockheed Martin Jobs , and apply for roles that align with your qualifications.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Business Unit: AERONAUTICS COMPANY
Relocation Available: Possible
Career Area: Manufacturing
- Lockheed Martin Jobs