CVS Health Sr. Legal Counsel, Healthcare (WAH/Telecommute is possible) in Hartford, Connecticut
Would you like to join Fortune 7 CVS Health as a leader in our dynamic legal team? As a Senior Legal Counsel - Healthcare you will provide strategic legal advice to internal business partners and leadership. You will be responsible for drafting and negotiating commercial prescription benefit management (PBM) contracts with CVS Health’s health plan and employer clients/payors. In this role you will actively advise internal partners on an array of matters.
You will work in conjunction with other team members and business partners to interpret and administer PBM services agreements, provide legal and regulatory compliance interpretation, and general corporate legal advice. Additionally, you will identify business and legal risks and recommend solutions that balance those risks with business objectives.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• You will develop a deep understanding of the business and operational goals of your assigned internal clients, and work diligently to develop and maintain positive relationships with clients at all levels of the organization.
• You will collaborate effectively and work as a member of the broader team, providing practical and sound advice to internal clients on legal issues related to business objectives, and take an active role in driving projects to successful conclusion.
• You will provide counsel directly to our PBM division leadership.
• You will manage the work of one or more paralegal and/or administrative staff members.
• 5+ years experience in transactional and/or complex contracting with a healthcare company or law firm, with at least some background in healthcare law.
• You possess a basic knowledge of healthcare laws and regulations, including HIPAA, Medicare, Medicaid, the False Claims Act, and the Federal Anti-Kickback Statute.
• You have a commitment to high standards in your work product
• Admitted to practice law in at least one state.
• Ability to travel up to 10% (subject to relaxation of COVID-19 related travel restrictions).
• You possess a strong working knowledge of healthcare laws and regulations, including HIPAA, Medicare, Medicaid, the False Claims Act, and the Federal Anti-Kickback Statute.
• You have 7+ years in practice, with healthcare or PBM experience.
• You have post-graduate educational or writing experience.
• You have expertise in negotiating and drafting a variety of complex contracts.
• You possess strong business insight.
• You possess excellent written and oral communication skills, initiative, drive and self-confidence.
Undergraduate degree and Juris Doctor required.
At CVS Health, we are joined in a common purpose: helping people on their path to better health. We are working to transform health care through innovations that make quality care more accessible, easier to use, less expensive and patient-focused. Working together and organizing around the individual, we are pioneering a new approach to total health that puts people at the heart.
We strive to promote and sustain a culture of diversity, inclusion and belonging every day. CVS Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring or promotion based on race, ethnicity, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability or protected veteran status or on any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local law. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities.
- CVS Health Jobs