Lockheed Martin Configuration Management Engineer in Herndon, Virginia
The coolest jobs on this planet… or any other… are with Lockheed Martin Space.
Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every single day we use our unique skills and experiences to create, design and build solutions to some of the worlds’ hardest engineering problems.
Do you want to be part of a culture that inspires employees to think big, perform with excellence and build incredible products? We provide the resources, inspiration and focus - if you have the passion and courage to dream big, then we want to build a better tomorrow with you!
Are you an accomplished Configuration Management Engineer?
In this role you will:
• Communicate configuration control processes, procedures and policies.
• Conduct change processes to incorporate approved and validated changes into product documents and related software.
• Develop, maintain, and deliver configuration control of documentation including: policy statements, business processes, standard operating procedures, board actions, meeting agendas, meeting minutes, and document templates.
• Adhere to naming conventions for hardware, software, and documentation elements.
• Maintain documentation configuration baselines.
• Maintain hardware configuration baselines.
• Work with task managers to develop configuration management plans, milestones, and schedules for projects.
• Conduct configuration audits to verify requirements of baselines have been met.
• Track discrepancies and changes against established baselines.
• Take PM meeting minutes and track follow-on action items
• Customer material planning and management
• Create and organize share drive structure
• Responsible for development and maintenance of program artifacts and other documentation
• Provide version control for all program artifacts and other documentation
• Track requirements from various stakeholders
Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
• Minimum 3-5 years of experience (within the last 10 years) in configuration management.
• Experience maintaining hardware and software configuration baselines.
• Experience developing, maintaining, and delivering configuration control of documentation including policy statements, business processes, standard operating procedure.
• Experience with monitoring and reporting on adherence of configuration management policy.
• Demonstrated experience in planning and delivering technical solutions to the field.
• Experience working in an Agile environment.
• Experience using Eclipse/Subversion and similar technologies to manage software configuration libraries.
• Experience with development and management of system requirements.
Benefits of Employment:
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin champions an inclusive work environment that urges differences and big-picture thinking.
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
•Paid time off
•Rewards & recognition
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
- Lockheed Martin Jobs