Lockheed Martin Cyber System Security Engineer Associate in Herndon, Virginia
Description: Lockheed Martin is seeking an early career professional for engineering and IT cybersecurity. This position is for an Information Security professional working for Lockheed Martin Space Information Security Office supporting the LM Space Business Area.
Duties will vary, but may include any or all of the following:
An understanding network security engineering of architectures and best practices to secure large scale, enterprise networks. Domain and practical experience in architecture, design, engineering of computer networks with security controls that meet best practice and minimize cyber security risks is required. The security engineer conducts threat analysis and modeling, defines security requirements, analyzes and tests the environment against the requirements, recommends remediation for identified risks, documents the security posture of the environment, including unmitigated risks
Provides security engineering designs and implementation in all aspects of Information Assurance, Information Security (InfoSec), and Network Security Engineering. Assesses and mitigates system security threats/risks throughout the program life cycle; validates system security requirements definition and analysis; establishes system security designs; implements security designs in hardware, software, data, and procedures; verifies security requirements; performs system certification and accreditation planning and testing and liaison activities, and supports secure systems operations and maintenance.
- Ability to interpret security and information protection policies into executable requirements.
- Basic level understanding in Information Assurance and security engineering principles involving application security, security testing, computer security and other areas of Information Assurance.
- Understanding of the Open Systems Interconnect 7 layers, forward and reverse web proxies, stateful firewalls and knowledge of networking principles including routing protocols, layer 2 switching, and wireless networks.
- Familiarity with security controls utilized to protect data in the various states, including encryption for data at rest, in use and in transit.
- Entry-level understanding in analyzing the security posture of a system from hardware, networking, and software perspectives.
- Basic understanding of Identity and Access Management principles used for authentication including basics of public key cryptography and the use of PKI certificates for purposes of authenticating devices and users.
- Understanding of common enterprise services as it intersects with large scale corporate networks.
- Entry level understanding of cloud providers, especially Amazon Web Services and elastic computing principles domain.
- Experience with Threat Models such as STRIDE and threat modeling techniques.
- Comfortable interacting with internal customers and project co-workers as well as senior leadership, providing Security recommendations and influencing customers to adopt corporate standards.
- Knowledge of LM security policies and Information Protection Manual (IPM).
- Current active DoD Top Secret Security Clearance preferred with ability to obtain TS/SCI
- CISSP, CISM or other relevant security certification
- Working knowledge of LM scanning and vulnerability remediation, CyRIS and exception processes.
- Knowledge of NIST, SP 800 series and FIPS
- Knowledge of Cloud technologies, especially Amazon Web Services and with emphasis on transition of physical security architectures to cloud based, software defined network constructs.
- Knowledge of networks, especially enterprise grade 802.11 architectures.
- Familiarity with Hashing, Salting, and other cryptographic methodologies and approaches.
- Understanding of OWASP Top 10 Web Application Security Risks and their countermeasures
- Understanding of the SANS Top 25 Most Dangerous Software Errors and their countermeasures
- Familiarity with Cisco software defined network solutions such as Viptela, Cisco Application Centric Infrastructure, and TrustSec, and the companion products Cisco DNA Center, Identity Services Engine, and Tetration
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
- Lockheed Martin Jobs