Weyerhaeuser Sr. Process Control Specialist in Holden, Louisiana
Weyerhaeuser's Wood Products business is searching for a Sr Process Control Engineer to provide technical and programming support to the Weyerhaeuser Lumber Mills in the Gulf South Region. In this role you will be responsible for supporting the mills’ electrical departments by sharing knowledge and expertise in mid- to high-level PLC programming. As the successful candidate, it will be important to successfully partner with the local electricians in a cooperative manner, thus enhancing the individual mills programming expertise.
During a typical week you will be working directly at one of our mills in Louisiana and/or Mississippi, but when not on site, you are able to work from home. The supported mills are located in Dodson, LA; Holden, LA; Bruce, MS; Magnolia, MS; Philadelphia, MS; and Millport, AL. This position is full time, exempt and reporting to the leader of the Lumber Process Control team.
- Perform Mid to High level PLC Programming and HMI Development support for existing equipment and new installations
- Implements, tests, troubleshoots and improves electronic automation and controls systems in manufacturing/ production/ operations processes to increase production quality, efficiency and volume
- Checks control system schematics and specifications and uses software and testing equipment to diagnose and resolve system malfunctions
- Help design and integrate capital projects by ensuring proper electrical and controls implementation
- Work closely with mills to help identify the best solutions to existing issues
Help to implement Ethernet Networking throughout Machine Networks and Mill Wide Networks
Minimum of 5 years PLC programming experience, preferably in Allen Bradley Control Logics Platform
- At least 3 years of experience in the wood products industry
- Experience with Motion Control utilizing Linear Positioners, preferably using the 1756-HYD, 1756-MO2AS or RMC controllers
- Experience with Ethernet Networking
- Experience in controlling VFD’s, Servos and Electronic Overloads via Ethernet IP
- Experience in Factory Talk View and/or Wonderware
- Proficient in use of Microsoft Office Suite
- Good communication skills
- Willingness to share knowledge and ideas in a team environment
- Modicon and TI experience is a plus
- Robotics Experience
About Wood Products
We've been delivering quality building products and solutions to our customers for more than 100 years. From builders and dealers to specifiers and homeowners, we offer exceptional product performance and unparalleled support.
For more than a century, we’ve been building our reputation as a leader in sustainable wood products.
We sustainably manage forests and manufacture products that make the world a better place. We’re serious about safety, driven to achieve excellence, and proud of what we do. With multiple business lines in locations across North America, we offer a range of exciting career opportunities for smart, talented people who are passionate about making a difference.
We know you have a choice in your career. We want you to choose us.
/Weyerhaeuser is an equal opportunity employer. Inclusion is one of our five core values and we strive to maintain a culture where all our people feel a sense of belonging, opportunity and shared purpose. We are committed to recruiting a diverse workforce and supporting an equitable and inclusive environment that inspires people of all backgrounds to join, stay and thrive with our team. /
Job: *Engineering, Science, & Architecture
Title: *Sr. Process Control Specialist *
Requisition ID: 01019042
Other Locations: USA-MS-Magnolia, USA-AL-Millport, USA-MS-Bruce, USA-LA-Dodson, USA-MS-Philadelphia
- Weyerhaeuser Jobs