Lockheed Martin Electronic Engineering Sr. Manager in Houston, Texas
Description: Orion is seeking a motivated, forward leaning and customer focused employee to serve as the Deputy for the Orion Avionics, Power and Wiring (APW) IPT. Manage the production of avionics hardware at LM fabrication facilities. Position will be responsible for management, development and oversight of Avionics hardware for Orion Exploration Mission 2 at both LM and subcontractor facilities. Also will be managing and accountable for Avionics hardware cost and schedules to meet program requirements. Other duties will be to coordinate staffing, long and short term personnel planning for the organization of over 140 APW employees. Will be required to provide status briefings to the Orion customer and Program Management.
• Bachelors degree or higher from an accredited college in Electrical Engineering or related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education.
• Prior experience in development of electrical engineering hardware for spacecraft
• Prior experience with managing the design, build, and test of hardware
• Prior team and engineering project management leadership experience
• Excellent written and verbal communication with strong coordination and multi-tasking
• Experience working with production centers and subcontractors
• Prior experience with development and production of human spacecraft electronics for Orion or similar crewed spaceflight program
• Prior CAM experience or experience with earned value management
• L-coded leader experience
• Product Portfolio management experience
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
- Lockheed Martin Jobs