Lockheed Martin Materials and Process Engineer- Sr. Staff in Huntsville, Alabama
COVID-19 continues to significantly impact our employees, families and communities. With employee health and safety as our top priority, and as a federal contractor, Lockheed Martin is taking action to address the increased risk and uncertainty COVID variants pose in the workplace and ensuring we meet our commitments to national security.
To uphold safety for all employees, we will continue to request vaccination status for all Lockheed Martin employees including new hires. All current and newly hired employees who are unvaccinated will be required to adhere to onsite safety protocols.
Description: Are you ready to take your career to a new level and work at an extraordinary company?
The coolest jobs on this planet… or any other… are with Lockheed Martin Space.
Defending against modern day missile threats requires constant collaboration and innovation. That’s why we’re able to integrate systems from end to end so you can detect, control and engage the full spectrum of missile threats across every domain. It’s why we’re investing in disruptive technology like directed energy, space-based capabilities and solid state radar to create layers of defense that help keep us all safe.
Shooting a missile down with a missile was once a concept only dreamed up in science fiction novels. We’ve made it scientific fact!
So what does it take to spot an enemy missile launch, identify its intended target, calculate its exact trajectory, launch an interceptor and guide it to destroy the threat in mid-air? All in a matter of seconds? It’s not easy – but at Lockheed Martin, we help customers solve the world’s most complex challenges.
As a Materials and Process Engineer you’ll work on a broad range of projects that will challenge you to learn and grow in your career. Working side by side with designers, test and manufacturing engineers, you’ll use your education, experience and growing expertise to develop and evaluate new and innovative technology to survive in the most hostile of environments.
In this role you will:
• Participate in and lead technical assignments related to design, manufacture and test of hardware
• Lead in the selection, qualification, test, and failure analysis of mechanical parts, materials and processes
• Prepare technical and progress reports on assigned tasks, prepare specifications, evaluate suppliers and analyze test reports
• Coordinate with other disciplines such as Design Engineering, Manufacturing, Quality Engineering, and Procurement/Supply Chain organization
We're looking for:
• A self-starter who develops solutions to technical issues
• A motivated individual who's able to work closely within a geographically diverse team to resolve technical issues
• Someone with the ability to handle shifting priorities, multiple projects and timeline pressure to meet deadlines
• Someone willing to mentor and teach junior engineers
• Someone comfortable with communicating in a variety of forums
• Someone with the ability to work with management and program representatives at several levels
If selected you will need to obtain a DOD security clearance. US Citizenship required.
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin fosters an inclusive work environment that encourages differences and big-picture thinking.
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
- Paid time off
- Work/life balance
- Career development
- Mentorship opportunities
- Rewards and Recognition
Learn more about Lockheed Martin’s competitive and comprehensive benefits package. https://www.lockheedmartinjobs.com/working-here#benefits
• Experience establishing and implementing technical requirements (specifications, program plans/requirements, etc.).
• Demonstrated experience in a variety of materials and process engineering disciplines including metals, composites, adhesives, bonding, cleaning, failure analysis, and manufacturing operations.
• Knowledge of Materials and Processes for product development, improvement, design, application and production.
• Experience working collaboratively with customers and teammates
This position requires the ability to obtain a DOD security clearance. US Citizenship required.
• Familiarity with Missile, Mechanical, and/or propulsion Engineering across program lifecycle.
• Expertise with a variety of materials and process engineering disciplines including optical films, composites, polymers, adhesives, bonding, cleaning, failure analysis, and manufacturing operations.
• Extensive expertise in knowledge areas: adhesives, composites, coatings, resins, polymers, surface preparation, structural bonding, sandwich structures, honeycomb, and composite machining.
• Knowledge of environmental and operational requirements for materials in space and missile applications (outgassing, flammability, dissimilar metals, stress corrosion, etc.)
• Experience participating in major program milestone reviews such as PDR and CDR
• Active DoD Secret clearance or higher
• Basic knowledge of radiation effects on materials and optics
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
- Lockheed Martin Jobs