Lockheed Martin Project Engineer / Control Account Manager (early-career) in Huntsville, Alabama
Description: The coolest jobs on this planet… or any other… are with Lockheed Martin Space. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zktiHGW3xYk&feature=youtu.be)
At the dawn of a new space age, Space is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing team is on
a mission to make a difference in the world. Every single day we use our unique skills and experiences to craft, design and build solutions to some of the worlds’ hardest engineering problems. Our culture encourages employees to dream big, perform with excellence and build incredible products. We provide the resources, support, and the focus. You bring the passion and courage to envision limitless possibilities and we’ll build a better tomorrow with you.
Going to space is just the beginning. It’s what you do when you get there that matters. Lockheed Martin Space builds the satellites and spacecraft that do amazing things in space for our government and commercial customers. Connecting people, advancing discovery, and protecting what matters most…that’s what we do. As we look to the future, we’re driving innovations to help our customers do even more in orbit. That’s why we’re crafting smarter satellites that operate like smartphones in the sky, with apps that can be updated in orbit so they can adapt as mission needs on the ground change. Your mission is ours. As that mission evolves, we’ll be ready. Will you? Come, join our Project Engineering team in the dynamic world Space where we are driven by innovation and integrity. By applying the highest standards of business ethics and a forward-thinking mindset, we believe everything is within our reach – and yours.
Our facility in Huntsville, seeks an early career Project Engineering professional to support the THAAD Ground Systems Development (GSD) organization. As a Control Account Manager (CAM) on the THAAD program you will perform CAM duties for all assigned control accounts. Additionally, you will effectively manage control account performance, elevate concerns and issues to program management, including other impacted control account managers.
Summary of Key Duties
• Integrate cost, schedule, and technical objectives to meet contract requirements
• Coordinate with the GSD IPT Leads/Business Unit Lead/Managers, GSD subcontractor PMs, and LM THAAD Program Office
• Lead, plan, budget, and manage the cost/schedule/technical performance for each assigned Control Account (CA)
• Work with partnering organizations (Finance & Business Operations, Supply Chain, Program Management, Quality, etc.) to ensure all processes are appropriately followed and implemented to ensure smooth product flow throughout the life-cycle
• Identify risks and opportunities GSD management
• Conduct closed loop corrective action to include thorough variance analysis, monitoring of cost/schedule mitigation activities, and corrective action adjustment as necessary
• Provide timely and accurate insight to key program impacts or opportunities to the GSD Integrated Process Team (IPT) Managers and Program Manager
• Address questions related to parts procurement status, headcount challenges, and resource constraints
• Complete all Earned Value Management (EVM) assigned duties to include work authorization requests, estimate at complete review, schedule status, variance reporting, and comprehensive estimates at complete
• Support establishment of cost/schedule baselines for newly awarded contracts or contract re-plans and timely subcontractor ATP and subcontractor management
• Assist the New Business Team in proposal/ROM/NTE/PME preparation (scope/schedule/resource spread BOEs, review/tech eval of subcontractor proposals, internal organization/program reviews, LM EPPs), customer negotiations, and acceptance of final offer
• Assist GSD IPT Leads in strategic activities such as affordability, staffing, and process improvements
Our employees working in this level of position typically have 2 - 5 years of experience.
• General technical knowledge of flight hardware
• Must be a United States citizen and be able to obtain a Secret government security clearance
• Previous CAM experience highly desired
• Previous proposal experience
• Risk and Opportunity Management experience
• Knowledge of program life-cycle and how early milestones may drive future costs
• Desire to enhance program management skills including communication, the ability to deal with unforeseen challenges, and building strong relationships
• Demonstrated experience in driving complex issues or problems to successful closure
• Familiarity with THAAD, and/or other Satellite programs is considered a plus
• Prior project lead and F&BO experience is considered a strong plus
• Strong problem solving, root cause, corrective action, and closure skills
• Lead discussions and determine resolutions to problems
• Demonstrate ability to work collaboratively with Quality Manager, IPT Leads, Program Management Team, as well as internal customers
• Accept responsibility, accountability and exercise authority to ensure cost, schedule, and technical success
• Experience supporting internal and external customer audits
Join us. Let’s do Space!
Benefits available to you include:
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin fosters an inclusive work environment that encourages differences and big-picture thinking. Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually.
• Paid time off
• 25 three-day weekends
• Work/life balance
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards & recognition
Learn more about Lockheed Martin’s competitive and comprehensive benefits package.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
- Lockheed Martin Jobs