Lockheed Martin Project Engineer (mid-career) in Huntsville, Alabama
Description: The coolest jobs on this planet… or any other… are with Lockheed Martin Space.
At the dawn of a new space age, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every single day we use our unique skills, talents and experiences to design and build solutions to some of the world’s hardest engineering problems. Do you want to be part of a culture that inspires employees to envision the impossible, perform with excellence and build incredible products? We provide the resources, inspiration and focus—if you have the passion and courage to dream big, then we want to build a better tomorrow with you.
The Terminal High Altitude Area Defense (THAAD) Project Integration Engineer reports directly to the THAAD ACD Program Manager with the following major roles and
• Serve as Task Order Lead for IDIQ Task Orders and Development Initiatives (coordinate program
integration between multiple component teams, monitor & report performance metrics, lead issue resolution, etc.)
• Generate / compile executive level briefings for internal / external status of key program issues
• Project Integration Engineer must be able to work effectively in fast paced and dynamic environments.
• Project Integration Engineer must be able to lead effectively across all business functions.
• Work is performed without appreciable direction.
Project Integration Engineer exercises latitude in determining programmatic objectives and approaches to assignments.
Typically has 9 - 15 years of professional experience.
When enemies attack, governments need be ready to defend their soldiers, citizens and infrastructure. That’s where THAAD comes in – it's one of the most advanced missile defense systems in the world and is ready to take on the challenge. Learn more about THAAD.
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin cultivates an inclusive work environment that inspires differences and big-picture thinking. Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
• Paid time off
• Work/life balance
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards & recognition
Learn more about Lockheed Martin’s comprehensive benefits package.
• Knowledge of program life-cycle
• Must have, at minimum, an active Interim Secret; US citizenship is required
• Strong problem solving, root cause, corrective action, and closure skills
• THAAD program experience and 2-3 years of project management and/or software engineering / process experience
• Desire to enhance Program Management skills including communication, the ability to deal with unforeseen challenges, and building strong relationships
• Demonstrated experience in driving complex issues or problems to successful closure
• Lead discussions and determine resolutions to problems
• Demonstrate ability to work collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders
• Accept responsibility, accountability and exercise authority to success
• Active Secret security clearance
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
- Lockheed Martin Jobs