Lockheed Martin Project Engineer in Huntsville, Alabama
Description: The coolest jobs on this planet… or any other… are with Lockheed Martin Space.
As we enter a new era of Strategic Weapon Systems, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator, and builder. Our outstanding people are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every single day we use our unique skills and experiences to create, craft, and build solutions to some of the worlds’ hardest engineering problems. Do you want to be part of a culture that inspires employees to think big, perform with excellence and build incredible products? We provide the resources, inspiration, and focus - if you have the passion and courage to dream big, then we want to build a better tomorrow with you.
When enemies attack, governments need to be ready to defend their soldiers, citizens, and infrastructure. That’s where THAAD comes in – it's one of the most sophisticated missile defense systems in the world and is ready to take on the challenge.
Learn more about THAAD
As a Project Engineer, you will gain valuable cross-lifecycle experience on the THAAD Obsolescence Mitigation team! You will support the Obsolescence Surveillance & Integration team during industry DMSMS surveillance, ROM/proposal generation, and project stand-up. You will also interface across all program lifecycles for both US and International customers: acquisition, production, and sustainment logistics.
Other key responsibilities:
• Lead obsolescence surveillance of Ground and Ground Sustainment Integrated Parts Lists.
• Work with engineering and program management to evaluate impacts, develop recommended solutions, and execute mitigation
• Support and connect with executives and customer counterparts at high-level Deep Dives, quarterly working groups, and other program reviews (Travel 4-6 times per year)
• Shape THAAD business capture during proposal and pre-proposal for obsolescence ROMs and SOW
• Review inventory analyses to shape customer-facing production planning and future forecasts
• Create and handle subcontractor, authority, and prime-level obsolescence data submittals to communicate critical obsolescence data to the customer
• Integrate surveillance data into the program risk management process, evaluate to identify impacts, develop creative mitigation strategies, and finalize with all partners
• Support/Develop strategic program improvements
• Execute hot topic issue resolution and other surge activities
This position is in Rocket City USA, one of the greatest places to work: Huntsville, AL
The successful candidate typically has 2-4 years of professional experience and a bachelor's degree.
• Bachelors degree from an accredited college in a related subject area, or equivalent experience/combined education.
• Experience communicating and presenting details effectively with groups and individuals.
• Experience with Microsoft Excel for data analysis and report creation
• US Citizenship and the ability to acquire/maintain a DoD Secret clearance.
• Experience in Microsoft Project
• Previous experience in System Engineering Integration, Project Management, or Configuration Data Management.
Learn more about Lockheed Martin’s comprehensive benefits package here: https://candidate.lmbenefitscompass.com
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
- Lockheed Martin Jobs