Lockheed Martin Senior Simulation Software Engineer in Huntsville, Alabama
Description: The coolest jobs on this planet… or any other… are with Lockheed Martin Space.
At the dawn of a new space age, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing people are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every day we use our outstanding skills and experiences to create, craft and build solutions to some of the worlds’ hardest engineering problems. Our culture supports employees to dream big, perform with excellence and create incredible products. We provide the resources, encouragement and focus and if you have the passion, we want to build a better tomorrow with you!
Be a part of returning the first sample from another planet! Join our team in racing to launch the first rocket from the surface of Mars and protect the sample as it returns to earth. If so, join us as a part of a cutting-edge analysis team for Deep Space Exploration systems!
As a member of software team you will provide critical support through out the full software development lifecycle.
- Complete full software development lifecycle – requirements, design, code, test/verification
- Regular Interfacing with Marshall Space Flight Center (MSFC) software teams
- Support integration and verification activities in a variety of all-digital and Hardware In the loop (HWIL) testbeds
- Develop and present design information at major program milestone reviews
• Previous experience developing C/C++ software in a Unix environment for a real-time, hardware-in-the-loop, simulation system, with appropriate software process oversight
• Experience developing real-time, hardware-in-the-loop simulation systems.
• Full software lifecycle experience (requirements, design, code, unit test)
• Linux development system experience.
o RAD750 or other cPCI-based processors experience
o Experience developing avionics/FPGA simulation models
o Experience with DOORS or DOORS NextGen
o Previous experience developing simulation software for Deep Space Exploration (DSE) missions
o Previous NASA customer experience
o Ability to develop and present material at major program software reviews.
o Demonstrated excellent reasoning, judgment, and professional behavior
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
- Lockheed Martin Jobs