Northrop Grumman Software Engineering Manager 1 in Huntsville, Alabama
Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you'll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today .
We offer flexible work arrangements, great learning opportunities, exposure to a wide variety of projects and customers, and a very friendly team environment. We are looking for self-motivated, proactive, and goal-oriented people to help us grow our services and become even better at what we do.
We are currently seeking a Software Engineering Manager 1 to join our team based in Huntsville, AL.
The candidate will support technical execution within the program portfolio and functional management responsibility for approximately 12-15 Software Engineers.
• Conduct mid-year and annual performance reviews
• Provide frequent performance feedback to direct reports
• Ensure and progress career growth and development plans
• Staff open positions within the system definition and architecture functional discipline
• Support Engineering Organizational Goals and Initiatives.
• Candidate will work in a dynamic team environment ensuring personnel follow well-defined processes.
• This is a dual role encompassing both functional management and technical performance.
• Bachelor of Science with 9 years of relevant work experience; Master's Degree with 7 years of relevant work experience; PhD with 4 years of relevant work experience
• Experience leading a team of software engineers in software development deliverables and processes
• Excellent leadership and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to interface with all levels of employees and management.
• Demonstrated leadership and managerial skills including team building and navigation, personal and career development, technical and inter-personal problem resolution, work planning and allocation
• Experience supporting all phases of the program lifecycle
• The ability to obtain and maintain an Active Secret Clearance
• Experience leading and managing small teams
• Demonstrated behavior as a driver for change and continuous improvement
• Agile and/or DevSecOps experience
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Category : Engineering
- Northrop Grumman Jobs