Lockheed Martin Software Quality Engineer in Huntsville, Alabama
COVID-19 continues to significantly impact our employees, families and communities. With employee health and safety as our top priority, and as a federal contractor, Lockheed Martin is taking action to address the increased risk and uncertainty COVID-19 variants pose in the workplace and ensuring we meet our commitments to national security.
To uphold safety for all employees, we will continue to request vaccination status for all Lockheed Martin employees including new hires. All current and newly hired employees are required to follow onsite safety measures based upon the COVID-19 Community Level at the specific work location.
Description: The GMD Element develops, integrates, tests, fields, and sustains strategic missile defense capabilities to protect the homeland against current and projected future strategic missile threats or attacks. The GMD Element has been the principal capability for the defense of the homeland against rogue ballistic missile threats. The GMD Element uses multiple sensors, communications systems, fire control capabilities, and interceptors to detect, track, and destroy intermediate- and long-range ballistic missiles during the midcourse phase of flight.
This Position requires a candidate that works well in both a team setting and independently. The candidate must be detail oriented and have the flexibility to change works tasks based on priorities. Must be a team player with excellent verbal skills with the ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical members of the team.
1. Perform verification of systems and software artifacts to confirm compliance with the defined Missile Defense Agency processes
2. Conduct ETRs in support of the overall program to verify processes and standards are being followed and met
3. Support the Quality Manager with various QA tasking, scheduling, and metrics
4. Report non-conformance findings to the program office and government customer as required and follow through with corrective action plans to resolve findings
• Experience working experience within engineering and/or software quality
• Software background with understanding of software development lifecycle
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college in a related discipline
• Works well both in a team setting and independently
• Ability to obtain and maintain a DoD Security Clearance at the level
1. Experience with phased-array terminal or solid state radar testing.
2. Experience with model-driven test.
3. Experience in System Development Integration & Test activities, including Computer Program development, requirements verification, and system level test events involving customers and operational users.
4. Experience as integration & test lead for a sensor program or data terminal product.
5. Experience with agile team structures and agile development programs.
Minimum of 10+ years working experience within engineering and/or software quality
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
- Lockheed Martin Jobs