Lockheed Martin Software Systems Engineer in Huntsville, Alabama
Description: The coolest jobs on this planet… or any other… are with Lockheed Martin Space.
Do you have a passion for working on emerging technologies? Navy Strategic Programs (NSP) is experiencing significant growth and we need your expertise to deliver amazing new technologies to our customers.
We have opportunities that include sophisticated Hypersonic Technology, Glide Body Strike technology, and other key technology insertions. The early design and engineering phase provides you with tremendous career growth potential along with important assignments to stretch and hone your expertise. This is a rare opportunity to work closely alongside our Navy Strategic Systems Programs (SSP) partners to field a number of future strategic systems that the nation urgently needs.
Learn more about CPS
Lockheed Martin is looking for a dedicated Systems Engineer to become a member of the Weapon System Software Integration Team.
As a Software Systems Engineer , you will:
• Establish system software architecture and CONOPS, support system level design and decomposition into requirements
• Perform system analysis and software interface definition and management across weapon system elements
• Evaluate potential system failure modes and define detection, isolation, and response (FDIR) strategies
• Plan software integration and test activities
• Lead failure investigations and anomaly resolution boards
• Effectively communicate to program and customer management and executive leadership extemporaneously and in formal reviews
• Participate in development and execution of critical program milestone reviews such as SRR, SDR, PDR and CDR. To promote the sharing of ideas, we at Lockheed Martin champion an inclusive work environment that supports differences and big-picture thinking.
This position is in one of the Coolest places to work: Denver, Colorado.
• Knowledge and application of Systems Engineering processes and one or more Systems Integration functions including:
a.) System trade studies and/or System modeling
b.) Requirements and Interface Control Document (ICD) development
c.) System integration, test and/or verification planning and execution
d.) Design reviews
• Experience with software systems design, development, integration, and/or test
• US Citizenship with the ability to obtain Top Secret clearance
• System design and test experience with one or more subsystems or fields outside of Systems Engineering (e.g., Electrical, Mechanical, Propulsion, RF, Software, etc.)
• Knowledge of space, missile and launch systems at the component through system level
• Experience performing failure mode assessments and developing detection, isolation, and response (FDIR) solutions
• Experience implementing model-based systems engineering (MBSE) and using MBSE tools such as Rhapsody, Cameo, MagicDraw, etc.
• Ability to absorb extensive technical detail and logically formulate solutions for execution on an inflexible schedule, often requiring integration of conflicting and, at times, incomplete data
• Experience ensuring the physical and functional compatibility of hardware/software products throughout the full lifecycle of the program
• Ability to interact with hardware and software developers to ensure mission requirements are satisfied
• Ability to get results from teams without direct authority
• Ability to operate in a dynamic environment and tackle numerous roles as part of the daily program operations
• Demonstrated behaviors of a systems thinker; selects and applies appropriate systems thinking skills to solve very complex problems and implement constructive change
• Active Top Secret security clearance
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
- Lockheed Martin Jobs