Lockheed Martin System Architect in Huntsville, Alabama
Description: Take your career to a new level and work at an extraordinary company in Huntsville, Alabama.
The coolest jobs on this planet… or any other… are with Lockheed Martin Space!
At the dawn of a new space age, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing people are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every single day we use our unique skills, talents and experiences to design and build solutions to some of the world’s hardest engineering problems.
Our culture inspires employees to think big, perform with excellence and build incredible products! We provide the resources, inspiration and focus. If you have the passion and courage to dream big, then we want to build a better tomorrow with you!
Please join us as a Missile System Architect, where you will be working in Lockheed Martin Space, Strategic & Missile Defense (SMD) line of business, to help define the future of our portfolio of Industry leading weapon systems. You will have the opportunity to support our customer in cutting edge technology development that will lay foundation for advancement for the next generation of weapon systems. Your work will affect technology across military space, missiles, missile defense platforms, and satellite surveillance platforms as an SMD resource.
IN THIS ROLE, YOU WILL:
• Work to develop architectures of missile and missile defense weapon systems
• Support all aspects weapon system development, to include architecture, design, analysis, and test
• Establish system architecture and CONOPS, perform system trades and analysis, flow down the architecture and CONOPS into interfaces and requirements, and support verification
• Support technical reviews, and be able to present to internal and external stakeholders.
• Lead technology planning efforts as teams design and develop the products you define
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Lockheed Martin. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
• Must have recent performance on a Secret/Special Access Program or an active TS/SCI.
• Experience in performing multiple Engineering functions, such as: Performing System Trade Studies, Performing System Modeling & Analysis activities, developing System Architecture and CONOPS, and or Leading Design Reviews
• Significant technical experience on Missile or Missile Defense Development Programs
• Significant experience in team collaboration in a product development environment
• Previous experience as a System Architect, Chief Engineer, or Similar
• Ability to lead multi-functional teams across geographically disperse locations towards a common goal
• Master’s Degree in Engineering
• INCOSE Certification or relevant deep experience in the Systems Engineering Process
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, strong social skills, and ability to build consensus among peers, leaders, and customers
• Experience with CAMEO or similar Model Based Engineering Tools
• Experience mentoring junior engineers.
Security Clearance Statement: This position requires a government security clearance, you must be a US Citizen for consideration.
Clearance Level: Secret with an investigation within 5 years
Other Important Information You Should Know
Expression of Interest: By applying to this job, you are expressing interest in this position and could be considered for other career opportunities where similar skills and requirements have been identified as a match. Should this match be identified you may be contacted for this and future openings.
Ability to Work Remotely: Onsite Full-time: The work associated with this position will be performed onsite at a designated Lockheed Martin facility.
Work Schedules: Lockheed Martin supports a variety of alternate work schedules that provide additional flexibility to our employees. Schedules range from standard 40 hours over a five day work week while others may be condensed. These condensed schedules provide employees with additional time away from the office and are in addition to our Paid Time off benefits.
Schedule for this Position: 4x10 hour day, 3 days off per week
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
At Lockheed Martin, we use our passion for purposeful innovation to help keep people safe and solve the world's most complex challenges. Our people are some of the greatest minds in the industry and truly make Lockheed Martin a great place to work.
With our employees as our priority, we provide diverse career opportunities designed to propel, develop, and boost agility. Our flexible schedules, competitive pay, and comprehensive benefits enable our employees to live a healthy, fulfilling life at and outside of work. We place an emphasis on empowering our employees by fostering an inclusive environment built upon integrity and corporate responsibility.
If this sounds like a culture you connect with, you’re invited to apply for this role. Or, if you are unsure whether your experience aligns with the requirements of this position, we encourage you to search on Lockheed Martin Jobs , and apply for roles that align with your qualifications.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Business Unit: SPACE
Relocation Available: Possible
Career Area: Systems Architect
- Lockheed Martin Jobs