Lockheed Martin System Integration/Test Engineer Sr in Huntsville, Alabama
COVID-19 continues to significantly impact our employees, families and communities. With employee health and safety as our top priority, and as a federal contractor, Lockheed Martin is taking action to address the increased risk and uncertainty COVID-19 variants pose in the workplace and ensuring we meet our commitments to national security.
To uphold safety for all employees, we will continue to request vaccination status for all Lockheed Martin employees including new hires. All current and newly hired employees are required to follow onsite safety measures based upon the COVID-19 Community Level at the specific work location.
Description: The coolest jobs on this planet… or any other… are with Lockheed Martin Space. Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing people are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every single day we use our skills and experiences to create, design and build solutions to some of the worlds’ hardest engineering problems. Do you want to join a team where employees envision the impossible, perform with excellence and build incredible products? We are creating a better today and tomorrow by seamlessly aligning diversity and inclusion efforts with Lockheed Martin’s values and business strategy. We offer business resource groups such as African American Council for Excellence (AACE), The Women’s Impact Network (WIN), Hispanic Organization for Leadership & Awareness (HOLA), Military/Veterans Network, PRIDE LGBT Professional Network, and more. We are also committed to enabling transitioning veterans to connect with their communities and find new purpose as they reintegrate into civilian life. By clicking on the links, you can find out more on how we proudly support Global Diversity and Hiring Our Heroes.
Defending against modern day missile threats requires constant collaboration and innovation. That’s why we’re able to integrate systems from end to end so you can detect, control and engage the full spectrum of missile threats across every domain. It’s why we’re investing in disruptive technology like directed energy, space-based capabilities and solid state-radar. To create layers of defense that help keep us all safe.
Shooting a missile down with a missile was once a concept only dreamed up in science fiction novels. We’ve made it scientific fact!
So what does it take to spot an enemy missile launch, identify its intended target, calculate its exact trajectory, launch an interceptor and guide it to destroy the threat in mid-air? All in a matter of seconds? It’s not easy – but at Lockheed Martin, we help customers solve the world’s most complex challenges.
We are seeking a dedicated Test Engineer to join the test team within the Systems Test Architecture and Engineering organization.
Summary of Key Duties for this position:
• Participate in the planning/execution of Assembly, Test and Launch Operations (ATLO) electrical floor operations
• Be responsible for developing automated test scripts, procedures, and other documentation needed to conduct spacecraft testing at both the factory and the launch site
• Have excellent organization and troubleshooting skills and be proficient in understanding hardware/software design, requirements generation, product development, test execution, and verification activities
• Be willing to work in a 24/7 operations environment which may include some overtime and support off-shifts and/or weekends/holidays
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
• Mechanical or Electrical Engineering Bachelors degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education
• 5 Years of professional experience or 3 years of professional experience with a related masters degree
• Familiarity with system level qualification and problem solving for integrated space vehicle systems
• Willingness and ability to travel to vendor test sites
• Ability to obtain an Active Secret Clearance
• Experience in Ground Development Test, and requirements verification at the system level
• Experience in Space Vehicle (SV) Test Operations including the unit level test development process, test planning, test execution, data analysis, anomaly resolution, software test systems
• Test Conductor with experience in Space Vehicle Integration and Test
• Demonstrated behaviors of a systems thinker with the ability to select and apply appropriate systems thinking skills to solve problems and implement constructive change
• Missile or space segment design and test experience with one or more subsystems or fields outside of Systems Engineering
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, strong social skills, and ability to build consensus among peers while building solid relationships with team members
• Active Secret Clearance
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
- Lockheed Martin Jobs