Lockheed Martin Systems Engineer Staff: Test & Analysis in Huntsville, Alabama
COVID-19 continues to significantly impact our employees, families and communities. With employee health and safety as our top priority, and as a federal contractor, Lockheed Martin is taking action to address the increased risk and uncertainty COVID variants pose in the workplace and ensuring we meet our commitments to national security.
As directed by Executive Order 14042: Ensuring Adequate COVID Safety Protocols for Federal Contractors, all current and newly hired employees, in the United States, are required to be fully vaccinated by January 18, 2022.
Description: Build a lasting legacy as a Systems Engineer
Senior Staff on the National Team - Engineering (NT-E) with Lockheed Martin in Huntsville, Alabama!
This systems engineering position’s primary role will be representing the National Team – Engineering (NT-E) on the MDA Joint Analysis Team (JAT). The role includes developing approaches to, along with tools to support, performing test analysis on the complex Missile Defense System (MDS), and reporting results in writing for presentation during data reviews.
Specific tasks include:
- Candidate will develop plans for ground and flight test data analysis and supporting documentation.
- Candidate will perform test analysis on the complex Missile Defense System (MDS)
- Candidate will interface with multiple MDA organizations to ensure MDS tests meet technical intent, system capabilities, and behaviors.
- Candidate will develop, utilize and present analytical products with the intent of assessing strategic and/or theater/regional element system level performance of the MDS in ground test and flight test events.
Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
• Medical (some LM locations have on-site
• 401k (with generous matching)
• Paid time off including, (we have a 4x10 schedule which means: 52 three-day weekends!)
• Work/life balance, family-friendly environment
*To be considered for this position, must currently have Secret DoD Security Clearance with the ability to receive a TS*
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education, with 14 years or more of professional experience; or 12 years of professional experience with a related Master's degree
- Knowledge of ground test design and data collection for a complex missile defense program
- Knowledge of System Engineering for test campaign and test event design processes in support of system assessment
- Understanding performance characterization of battle management and command and control functions
- Must have experience in using analytical tools that assess the system level performance
- Knowledge of MDS kill chain including radar acquisition, tracking, and discrimination; battle manager engagement planning, warfighter interaction, and engagement coordination with other MDS systems; and interceptor acquisition, tracking, and discrimination
- Must be able to work independently as well as part of a geographically distributed team
- Strong systems engineering or MDS analysis background and demonstrated collaboration and presentation skills are desired
- System-level interface design and specification development experience
- Experience and understanding of system level behavior
Additionally, candidate should possess knowledge of the Missile Defense System (MDS), a strong background with MATLAB, Python, Jupyter Notebooks, Tableau or similar analytical tools, system analysis, and system level testing
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
- Lockheed Martin Jobs