Lockheed Martin Systems Engineer in Huntsville, Alabama
Description: The coolest jobs on this planet… or any other… are with Lockheed Martin Space.
Defending against modern day missile threats requires constant teamwork and innovation. That’s why we’re able to integrate systems from end to end so you can detect, control and engage the full spectrum of missile threats across every domain. It’s why we’re investing in ground-breaking technology like directed energy, space-based capabilities and solid state-radar. To build layers of defense that help keep us all safe.
Shooting a missile down with a missile was once a concept only dreamed up in science fiction novels. We’ve made it scientific fact! So what does it take to spot an enemy missile launch, identify its intended target, calculate its exact trajectory, launch an interceptor and guide it to destroy the threat in mid-air? All in a matter of seconds? It’s not easy – but at Lockheed Martin, we help customers tackle the world’s most complex challenges. Our culture supports employees to dream big, perform with excellence and build incredible products. We provide the resources, inspiration and focus and if you have the passion and courage, we want to build a better tomorrow with you
As a Performance Analysis Engineer , you will join the System Simulation and Performance team on the Next Generation Interceptor (NGI) program. In this role, you will:
• Develop medium and high-fidelity modeling and simulation software
• Execute medium and high-fidelity digital system simulation tools
• Evaluate system performance and behavior
• Create, update, and execute scripts to process data output
• Collaborate with the organization and customer community to ensure consensus and understanding of system performance and trades
• Document and brief analysis results to leadership/customer
• Support delivery of modeling and simulation software items
You can learn more about Huntsville, AL by visiting this link.
Position is contingent upon program award anticipated in 1st Quarter 2021
Successful candidates typically have at minimum a bachelor’s degree and 2-4 years of proven experience.
• Experience in space or missile defense programs
• Experience in performing Systems Engineering functions in one or more of the following:
1. Modeling and simulation development
2. System design trade studies
3. System performance analysis
• Team collaboration and communication skills
• The ability to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret clearance, therefore, U.S. Citizenship is required
• Master’s Degree in Systems Engineering, Software Engineering, or Data Analytics
• Proficiency with one or more of the following engineering tools: C/C++, Linux, Python, FORTRAN 77, MATLAB, SysML/Cameo Magic Draw, Architecture Framework such as DoDAF, ModelCenter
• Agile software development experience
• Experience working in the development phase of a missile program
• Experience applying Lockheed Martin Systems Engineering processes
• Active Secret clearance
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin champions an inclusive work environment that encourages differences and big-picture thinking.
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
• Paid time off
• Work/life balance
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards & recognition
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
- Lockheed Martin Jobs