HCA, Hospital Corporation of America RN Valve Clinic Navigator in Idaho Falls, Idaho
The largest medical facility in the region, Eastern Idaho Regional Medical Center (EIRMC) is a modern, Joint Commission-accredited, 330-bed full-service hospital located in Idaho Falls. Idaho Falls offers a rich variety of outdoor activities with Grand Teton National Park, Yellowstone National Park, Jackson, WY and Sun Valley all within a short drive from our hospital.
The Valve Clinic Coordinator will:
- Receive and review referrals for appropriateness, reviewing with an attending as needed
- Establish contact with patient/family. Explain process and work-up.
- Obtain all outside imaging, scheduling screening procedures and valve clinic visit
- Assist patient/family with navigation of testing, valve clinic visit
- Perform functional assessments and frailty testing
- Have all testing available for review by cardiologist and CTS at valve clinic visit
- Participate in development of treatment plan in multidisciplinary team conference
- Patient and family education
- Facilitate direct contact between cardiologist and referring physician regarding treatment plan
- Coordinate any additional testing ie. cath, TEE
- Upload required data to selected vendor and maintain communication with Edwards and Medtronic clinical
- Facilitate scheduling and authorization of TAVR procedure
- Review advanced directives and insure conversion decisions are well documented in and on chart
- Obtain STS registry procedural and post procedural data
- Keep family up to date and help establish realistic expectation regarding recovery
- Attending and TAVR nurse to round together daily on TAVR patient. Coordination regarding time of rounding to be established between attending and TAVR nurse.
- TAVR nurse is notified of any in-patient transfers from other hospitals for TAVR evaluation.
- Just prior to discharge, TAVR nurse arranges patient’s follow up appointments with: o CT surgery – 1-2 weeks post discharge, if indicated o Primary cardiologist – 2 weeks post discharge, or per provider preference o UCD cardiology/echo – 1 month post discharge
- TAVR nurse enters home care instructions into AHS to be included at discharge.
- At discharge, TAVR nurse notifies the primary cardiologist to provide status update
- TAVR nurse mails follow up letter, CD of procedure imaging, TAVR procedure report, discharge summary, and post echo report to primary cardiologist and PCP.
TAVR nurse contacts the patient 48-72 hours post discharge and then weekly until stable. Contacts are documented in EMR as telephone encounter.
Follow up points:-level of activity -groin incision -peripheral edema -medication review -confirmation of follow up appointments
Participates in valve clinic follow up visit and coordinates one year follow up per STS requirement
Program Development:Program development and ongoing program maintenance for program to meet ever-changing business climate of Mercy Heart & Vascular Institute. In conjunction with physicians and program director, development may include but is not limited to: o clinical care forms, o patient flow charts, o patient and physician professional communication tools, o clinical care protocols, o patient data tracking methodology (using 4D), o program goals and outcomes reporting. Must have current Idaho RN License or eNLC for multistate on hire. Current AHA CPR for Healthcare Providers. Must maintain current ACLS.
Job: *Nursing - Professional
Title: RN Valve Clinic Navigator
Location: Idaho-Idaho Falls-Eastern Idaho Regional Medical Center
Requisition ID: 00310-39298