Caterpillar, Inc. Parts Pricing Project Consultant in Illinois
Marketing / Sales / Product Support
What does it mean to live the Caterpillar Experience?
It means you play a part in building a better world. You contribute to a winning culture—a spirit of accountability—that has driven change on every continent for more than 90 years. To work with us is a commitment to improve sustainability, invent for the digital age and innovate in order to bring solutions to millions of people. Sure, you work for Caterpillar. But more importantly, you work for the good of your career, your family, your community, and your world.
Your Work Shapes the World
Whether it be groundbreaking products, best in class solutions or creating a lifelong career, you can do the work that matters at Caterpillar. With a 95-year legacy of quality and innovation and 150 locations in countries around the world, your impact spans the globe.
When you join Caterpillar, you are joining a team of makers, innovators and doers. We are the people who roll up our sleeves and do the work to build a better world. We don’t just talk about progress and innovation. We make it happen. And we are proud of that because it helps our customers build and power the world we live in – the roads, hospitals, homes, and infrastructure. Without a dedicated workforce Caterpillar could not effectively meet our customer’s needs. Join us.
Caterpillar's Global Parts Pricing & Sales Variance group is seeking a Project Consultant in Peoria, IL.
As a Project Consultant in Parts Pricing & Sales Variance group, you will lead global pricing and sales variance projects, managing cross-functional teams and stakeholders, and delivery of recommendations in support of services growth. You will also manage other strategic projects and initiatives to support the group’s effectiveness in the space of project governance, automation, reporting, system integration, and communication.
May include, but not limited to:
Project management for strategic projects (pricing processes, standard work enhancement, pricing system integration, key price reviews, strategic initiatives, etc.), acting as project lead to plan, analyze, execute, control, and communicate with cross-functional teams and stakeholders.
Champion people development facilitating training and mentoring of other Pricing personnel. Key leader in deployment of enhanced pricing system solution.
Develop advanced strategic recommendations incorporating entire value chain and external forces used in tactical analysis such as: forecasted economic activity, dealer costs and margins, product configurations and applications, exchange rate changes, industry changes, and other factors influencing sales and profit goals.
This position is for experienced professionals able to direct their own workload and resulting priorities while assisting other analysts in developing their skills and completing their workload. The incumbent works with little supervision and instructions. Pricing tasks are high in complexity. Decisions are unique and require creativity to reach a solution outside an established work routine and has high risk impact to the enterprise.
• Bachelor’s degree concentrated in business administration, finance, economics, statistics, accounting, marketing, or related fields
• 8+ years of experience as a Revenue/Pricing analyst or equivalent level job role in 6 Sigma, Marketing, Accounting, Sales, Finance or related field
Top Candidates Will Also Have:
• Demonstrated leadership in cross-functional project management with experience in stakeholder management
• Strong analytical ability and initiative, be results oriented, have a high level of interpersonal skills and be an effective writer and oral communicator
• Proven sense of urgency to complete tasks on time to meet goals or deadlines
• Experience working with commercial and/ or sales teams
• Soft skills to work through sensitive business problems and change management
• Base knowledge of various Caterpillar products, product applications, merchandising programs and business systems
• This position would ideally be located in Peoria, IL; however open to considering other Caterpillar facilities within the U.S. (candidates permanent address must be within 50-mile driving distance to a Caterpillar facility)
For a full list of U.S. Caterpillar facilities please visit: https://www.caterpillar.com/en/company/global-footprint/americas/united-states.html
• Domestic relocation is available for those who qualify
• Limited travel required (5% of working time).
This employer is not currently hiring foreign national applicants that require or will require sponsorship tied to a specific employer, such as H, L, TN, F, J, E, O. As a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website at www.Caterpillar.com/Careers .
Employee benefit details
Our goal at Caterpillar is for you to have a rewarding career. Our teams are critical to the success of our customers who build a better world.
Here you earn more than just an hourly wage, because we value your performance, we offer a total rewards package that provides day one benefits (medical, dental, vision, RX, and 401K) along with the potential of a monthly bonus.
Additional benefits include paid vacation days and paid holidays (prorated based upon hire date).
Please frequently check the email associated with your application, including the junk/spam folder, as this is the primary correspondence method. If you wish to know the status of your application – please use the candidate log-in on our career website as it will reflect any updates to your status.
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals - Including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.
- Caterpillar, Inc. Jobs