Cardinal Health Manager of Product Experience, Fuse in Indiana
Are you driven to solve the right problems? Do you thrive on elevating others to be the best versions of themselves and enabling them to transform insights into compelling experiences? If so, let’s talk.
Fuse, the commercial technology and innovation center at Cardinal Health, is looking for a versatile product experience leader and mentor who is compelled to evolve the experience of existing digital solutions and develop innovative concepts for new features, products, services, and even wholly new businesses that help real people.
As the Manager of Product Experience, you will lead a team of product and service design professionals—supporting the discovery and delivery of high-quality experiences across several business areas while fostering professional growth, enabling positive team dynamics, and strengthening a human-centered culture.
The healthcare space is exploding with the convergence of new service models, technologies, health sector shifts, and a growing demand for open access to health information. Expectations are higher than ever for simple, useful, and delightful experiences as more people find their real and digital worlds interwoven with the people and spaces that serve their needs. It’s a landscape ripe for thoughtful design and deep collaboration across many disciplines to create the next generation of products and services.
- Create and maintain a supportive environment and strong team culture grounded in transparency, diversity of thought, autonomy, and psychological safety
- Support designers’ work and professional growth through mentorship, measurable goals, performance management, stretch opportunities, and skills development
- Manage individual and team resource capacity/availability to maintain work transparency and efficiency across product teams
- Enable and empower PX team members to think holistically and skillfully represent the user
- Recruit, integrate, and retain the best talent to add value to our team, help achieve our goals, and make each of us a little better
- Translate experience design principles and vision into guidelines, strategies, and measures to ensure adherence and success
- Guide the team to effectively navigate and execute within an iterative product development environment
- Uphold and evolve user research/design practices and standards based on well-established approaches, proven methods, our flexible framework, and our simplicity tenets
- Set design practice goals and measure performance of the team’s UX health and maturity
- Effectively describe and demonstrate the value of Product Experience and what our team brings to an organization.
- Partner with Design Ops to manage technologies and tools to optimize practices and activities
PRODUCT / ORGANIZATION
- Manage expectations of our cross-functional partners with Product Experience in support of collaboration, innovation, and iterative development
- Build and nurture relationships with cross-functional leaders, internal/external business partners, and technology stakeholders
- Work with product and technology leaders to align the roadmap to the experience vision and research insights to ensure the voice of the customer is heard.
- Understand and communicate the team's design rationale to non-designers and advocate for team decisions when warranted
- Connect Product Experience to the wider business organization, ensuring continued value for both customers/users and the businesses you support
- Educate and advocate for a human-centered approach to deliver more desirable solutions as a catalyst for increasing our competitive advantage
- 7-10 years’ experience designing digital products and/or services utilizing a human-centered approach
- 4+ years’ directly leading UX/product design professionals with a proven track record of hiring, managing, and retaining top talent
- Experience leading, advocating for, and designing within a modern product/service design lifecycle
- Demonstrable, repeatable work in the discipline, including some combination of generative research, service prototyping, information architecture, interaction design, visual design, and evaluative testing
- Experience working cross-functionally with multiple teams/disciplines including product management and engineering
- Demonstrated effectiveness managing multiple stakeholders and working across organizational boundaries to define, manage, and prioritize work aligned with leadership expectations
- Significant understanding of UX best practices and how design contributes to a modern product organization
- Experience defining and measuring goals and strategies at an individual and team level in service of professional growth, work efficiency, and design practice maturity
- Proven leadership, communication, and organizational skills
- Some travel expected
Nice to have:
- BS/MS degree in human factors, design, psychology, sociology, or relevant experience preferred
- 3+ years designing in healthcare for relevant segments — e.g. consumer, pharmacy, medical, health plans, logistics, etc.
What is expected of management at Cardinal Health
- Participates in the development of policies and procedures to achieve specific goals
- Ensures employees operate within guidelines
- Decision in this role have a short term impact on work processes, outcomes and customers
- Interacts with subordinates, peers, customers, and suppliers at various management levels; may interact with senior management
- Interactions normally involve resolution of issues related to operations and/or projects
- Gains consensus from various parties involved
Cardinal Health supports an inclusive workplace that values diversity of thought, experience and background. We celebrate the power of our differences to create better solutions for our customers by ensuring employees can be their authentic selves each day. Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, pregnancy, veteran status, marital status, creed, status with regard to public assistance, genetic status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.
To read and review this privacy notice click here (https://www.cardinalhealth.com/content/dam/corp/email/documents/corp/cardinal-health-online-application-privacy-policy.pdf)
We are a team of nearly 48,000 mission-driven partners striving each day to advance healthcare and improve lives. We are Essential to care.
Headquartered in Dublin, Ohio, Cardinal Health, Inc. (NYSE: CAH) is a distributor of pharmaceuticals, a global manufacturer and distributor of medical and laboratory products, and a provider of performance and data solutions for health care facilities
We are a crucial link between the clinical and operational sides of care, working with more than 4,500 sourcing and manufacturing partners to deliver end-to-end solutions and data-driven insights that advance healthcare and improve lives every day. With deep partnerships, diverse perspectives and innovative digital solutions, we build connections across the continuum of care.
With 50 years of experience, approximately 44,000 employees and operations in more than 30 countries, Cardinal Health seizes the opportunity to address healthcare’s most complicated challenges — now, and in the future.
On Thursday, Jan. 7, 2021, we celebrated the day our founder, Bob Walter, had the vision to start a business that became known as Cardinal Health.
One of the most important ways we celebrated was by giving back to the communities where we live and work. 2021 was a "Year of Service” for all Cardinal Health employees around the world.
View Cardinal Health on YouTube (http://youtube.com/user/CardinalHealth)
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
- Cardinal Health Jobs