Abbott Buyer II / Buyer - Manufacturing Ops in Irving, Texas
Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals, and branded generic medicines. Our 109,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
Our location in Irving, TX currently has an opportunity for a full-time Buyer II / Buyer - Manufacturing Operations).
WHAT YOU’LL DO
The Buyer II / Buyer - Manufacturing Operations will
Apply their experience and procurement knowledge to execute the purchasing and supply management strategies created by the Category Managers.
Work with customers, internal and external, and the Divisions to solve issues and drive high levels of customer service. This role will work across multiple verticals.
Be responsible for Operations and Strategic work with the various categories.
Have delegated authority to commit company funds while contributing cost savings and partnerships with suppliers and internal customers.
Proactively seek innovative ways to improve the procurement processes, cycle times, and customer service levels
Have full understanding of the "One Procurement" strategies along with strong knowledge and project work across multiple categories that impact the team positively.
Work within defined processes and procedures and may help determine appropriate approaches for change.
• First line responder pivots between strategy, operations and transactional sourcing.
• Execute against category strategies and work in the guidance of strategic category leaders.
• Manage SOWs/RFI's/Ordering documents.
• Assist with supplier selection.
• Manage day to day supply issues.
• Analyzes possible solutions using standard procedures.
• Communicates pertinent information to both internal customers and suppliers to keep apprised and to prevent problems.
• Execute ad-hoc/one off buys.
• Support PO conversion - non transactional and some negotiations.
• Educate on existing solutions and enable performance and tech tools development.
• Lead resolution on issues and invoice error.
• PO change management and communicate trends of changes.
• Enable supplier integration and KPI's.
• Drive savings outcomes. Collaboration with functions.
• Create and implement RFPs.
• Performs routine professional-based activities and contribute to and manage some projects.
• Communicate with appropriate departments to clarify request and obtain appropriate supporting documentation for the
• Implement agreed purchasing strategies for category.
• Seek and support business relationships with diverse suppliers.
• Meet regularly with divisional customers and support functions to ensure good customer satisfaction and continuous improvement.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE YOU’LL BRING
- 3 (+) years' experience purchasing electromechanical components and/or PCBs (Printed Circuit Boards) , from ANY of the following highly-regulated manufacturing companies/industries, e.g. Medical Device, Defense/Aerospace, Aviation, Automotive, Semiconductor, or similar.
Bachelors degree required with 3-6 years manufacturing, materials, finance or marketing/sales experience. Exceptions to the degree requirement will be considered.
WHAT WE OFFER
At Abbott, you can have a good job that can grow into a great career. We offer:
Training and career development , with onboarding programs for new employees and tuition assistance
Financial security through competitive compensation, incentives and retirement plans
Health care and well-being programs including medical, dental, vision, wellness and occupational health programs
Paid time off
401(k) retirement savings with a generous company match
The stability of a company with a record of strong financial performance and history of being actively involved in local communities
Learn more about our benefits that add real value to your life to help you live fully: www.abbottbenefits.com (http://www.abbottbenefits.com/pages/candidate.aspx)
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that provides the growth and strength to build your future. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.
Connect with us at www.abbott.com , on Facebook at www.facebook.com/Abbott and on Twitter @AbbottNews and @AbbottGlobal.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Abbot welcomes and encourages diversity in our workforce.
We provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities.
To request accommodation, please call 224-667-4913 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Abbott Jobs