J&J Family of Companies Production Material Handler (2nd Shift) in Irving, Texas
Mentor TX is recruiting for a Production Material Handler – Second Shift
Mentor Worldwide LLC, part of Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices Companies, is a leading supplier of breast implants in the global aesthetic market. The company develops, manufactures, and markets innovative, science-based products for surgical and non-surgical medical procedures that allow breast surgery patients to improve their quality of life. The company is focused on two strategic areas: breast reconstruction and breast augmentation. MENTOR is the only manufacturer whose silicone breast implants are made in the U.S.A.
A material handler performs a variety of duties to receive, distribute and store raw material into production departments as directed. Will also perform materials receipt, disbursement and related activities as directed.
Under direct supervision from Manufacturing Supervisor, following direction from Department Lead Operator and in accordance with all applicable federal, state and local laws/regulations and Corporate Johnson & Johnson, procedures and guidelines, in this position you will:
• Fill requisitions for goods and materials. Maintain and verify accounting records for supplies received and dispensed while performing physical inventories and cycle counts.
• Ensure the logbooks up to date for optimum material flow while making inquiries of inventory to ensure adequate supplies are on hand. Also reporting shortages to supervisor.
• Perform expiration date control on manufactured items with shelf life (items manufactured in the production areas).
• Sort and place materials on cages or freezers according to point of usage storage (cold and dry storage).
• Ensure all materials are marked with identifying information and applicable expiration date. Perform material reconciliation to ensure that physical inventory matches the system.
• Transfer material between production areas. Performing back flushes as needed while printing work orders.
• Control of Kanban Materials. Train less experienced employees on usage of Kanban replenishment system, how to obtain necessary materials and how to complete necessary paperwork for each material item used.
• Perform other work-related duties as assigned by Supervisor or Area Lead. Follow current compliance regulations and standards and align with all federals regulated programs.
• Support Plant diversity process and site production systems, by identifying and resolving problems
• Understands and adhere to current production systems Principles and Rules while performing other duties assigned as needed. Communicating business related issues or opportunities to next management level.
• Ensure personal and Company compliance with all Federal, State, local and Company regulations, policies, and procedures.
• Demonstrate independent understanding and application of core GMP fundamentals, including but not limited to: Data Integrity (DI), Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP), and Good Documentation Practices (GDPs).
• A minimum of a High School diploma, G.E.D. or equivalent required. On the job training provided.
• The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee frequently is required to stand and walk and push. The employee must frequently lift or push and/or move up to 50 pounds.
• Basic knowledge of the software applications and be able to handle electronic files, spreadsheets using intermediate level functions.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Mentor Texas LP (6182)
Materials Management & Distribution