Macy's Project Manager (Application Delivery) in Johns Creek, Georgia
- Job Overview: *
At Macy’s, we’re moving fast—we’re at top speed to become America’s premiere omni-channel retailer. Macy’s Technology strives to set the pace by providing seamless and compelling shopping experiences for our Macy’s and Bloomingdale’s customers. MT is creating innovative technology solutions to support these experiences and define the future of retailing.
Macy’s Technology is seeking a Project Manager. The selected PM will work independently and partner with program managers, application managers/directors, stakeholders and system level subject matter experts to drive the work of the project team for medium sized projects. Project Manager is expected to develop competence in the project delivery leveraging SDLC and Agile. Consistent leadership qualities including conflict management, influencing others, and personal accountability for project performance should be observed by leadership. Acts as a technical and professional leader, providing guidance to the project team, improve PMO services and the overall quality of projects through personal and process improvements.
Perform other duties as assigned.
Essential Functions: *
• Project Execution: Manages all project related activities on a daily basis and has responsibility for execution and final delivery and release of the product. • Manage Project Scope: Oversee process to define scope of the project based on the business need in order to meet the customer's project expectations. Direct project plan approval process from the customer in order to formalize the project management approach. Develops and manages project schedules status, resources, deliverables, risks and issues, and timelines throughout the project with input from the application managers, business partners and project team. Manage changes to the project scope, project schedule, and project costs using appropriate techniques in order to keep the project plan accurate, updated, reflective of authorized project changes as defined in the change management plan, and facilitate customer acceptance. • Define Requirements: Works closely with Product Manager to define and manage business partner requirements. • Manage Project Work: Ensures deadlines are met by facilitating resource planning, organizing, and prioritizing. Keeps management and key stakeholders well informed on a timely basis on project progress, status and/or concerns for each assignment. Make sure regular project status/quality meetings are conducted and development of project metrics and project scorecard is accomplished. • Communication Facilitation: Facilitates communication and negotiation within and across the project team(s). Escalates risks as required to appropriate level of management. Ensure a common understanding by setting expectations in accordance with the Project Plan, in order to align the stakeholders and team members • Project Leadership: Ensure the project delivery adheres to Project Management processes, compliance and delivery methodology standards for the delivery approach selected (SDLC or Agile) across Macy’s Technology • Project Closeout/Final Acceptance: Ensure final acceptance for the project from the sponsor/customer by ensuring that the delivered product(s) and services comply with the agreed deliverables list, agreed scope, and any organizational procedures in order to close contractual obligations. • Develop Resources Plan: Provides input to ensure adequate project staffing, budgeting and resource management. • Facilitate the project team through: Risk & Issue Management, Status Reporting, Communication Strategy, Scope Management • Regular, dependable attendance and punctuality.
- Education/Experience: *
- * • Bachelor’s Degree preferred and 3-4 years of experience in successful project management, with a progression in responsibility or an equivalent combination of education and experience. • Agile certification/training or Certified Scrum Master (CSM) desired. • Demonstrated experience managing medium sized projects involving cross-functional project teams within budgetary and schedule constraints.
- Communication Skills: *
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to read, write, and interpret business and technical documents.
- Mathematical Skills: *
- * • Basic math functions such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, division and analytical skills.
- Reasoning Ability: *
• Exhibits skill in examining and re-engineering processes, formulating plans, and developing and
implementing new strategies and procedures.
• Strong analytical skills with attention to detail.
• Strong problem solving skills; able to anticipate technical and project barriers and adjust approach based on research and experience. • Flexibility in response to change.
- Physical Demands: *
• This position involves regular walking, sitting, hearing, and talking.
• May occasionally involve stooping, kneeling, or crouching.
• May involve close vision, color vision, depth perception, and focus adjustment.
• Involves ability to use computer, mouse, keyboard which may involve manual dexterity.
- Other Skills: *
• Retail background is a plus. • Strong negotiation, diplomacy and conflict resolution skills. Ability to build trust among project team and stakeholders. • Sound team building and interpersonal skills required to effectively lead a project team.
• Exceptional problem solving skills; able to anticipate technical and project barriers and adjust approach based on research and experience. • Able to adapt PM delivery approach to the selected delivery methodology (Agile or SDLC) • Advanced Skills in MS Tools (Excel, Word, Powerpoint), Microsoft Project – Intermediate • Excellent documentation, organization, time management, and problem solving skills. • Ability to build consensus and work through others in achieving desired results and objectives. • Solid understanding of Project Management principles, methods and techniques.
Work Hours: *
• Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and company needs.
Macy’s Inc. is one of the nation’s premier retailers. With fiscal 2016 sales of $25.778 billion and approximately 140,000 employees, the company operates more than 700 department stores under the nameplates Macy’s and Bloomingdale’s, and approximately 125 specialty stores that include Bloomingdale’s The Outlet, Bluemercury and Macy’s Backstage. Macy’s, Inc. operates stores in 45 states, the District of Columbia, Guam and Puerto Rico, as well as macys.com, bloomingdales.com and bluemercury.com. Bloomingdale’s stores in Dubai and Kuwait are operated by Al Tayer Group LLC under license agreements. Macy’s, Inc. has corporate offices in Cincinnati, Ohio and New York, New York.
This job description is not all inclusive. Macy’s Inc. reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. Macy's Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. *
Primary Location: United States-Georgia-Johns Creek
Req ID: MAC09944