Weyerhaeuser Industrial Electrician (Journey Level)-Kalispell Lumber in Kalispell, Montana
Weyerhaeuser is currently offering a $1,500 hiring bonus (additional details provided at time of interview/offer)!
Weyerhaeuser is seeking individuals who are committed to safety, have a positive attitude, excellent work ethic and a desire to work in a manufacturing facility. Weyerhaeuser’s Montana Wood Products is currently looking for an Industrial Electrician (Journey Level) to join our Kalispell Lumber facility. A qualified candidate would have a thorough comprehensive knowledge of electrical equipment, processes, and techniques to safely repair, modify, install, and maintain the facility and high-tech manufacturing equipment. Qualified candidates may start at a higher level after demonstrating the correct aptitude and/or documentation of training.
At Weyerhaeuser, we offer positions with on-the-job training, continued growth potential and a career limited only by you. We continually strive to develop and promote talent from within while offering stable employment with excellent pay and benefits. Our manufacturing facilities are highly automated and utilize many leading-edge technologies in the wood products industry.
As an Industrial Electrician 3 (Journey Level) or better you will have the opportunity to:
- Support manufacturing by maximizing plant uptime and providing support for all facility systems in a safe manner, while contributing to corporate, plant, and departmental goals
- Work with a team of electricians and millwrights to troubleshoot and repair complex electrical problems, deliver preventative and routine maintenance on plant equipment, create innovative solutions to complex issues and work on capital projects
- Perform maintenance tasks involving troubleshooting, repairing, upgrading and installations of equipment and production electrical systems with minimal supervision or direction
- Read and interpret blueprints, electrical schematics, and ladder logic
- Exemplify and promote exceptional safety standards; including but not limited to performing independent safety audits and attending monthly safety meetings to promote a caring safety culture
Manage work orders; modify equipment specifications; track, print/issue and update PM’s (preventative maintenance) through SAP (CMMS).
A minimum of three (3) years of experience as an Industrial Electrician required
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Associates Degree in Electrical Maintenance preferred
- Basic PLC programming skills in RSLogix 5, RSLogix 5000, and Studio 5000 – search for I/O, determine state, trace logic paths.
- Knowledge of RSLinx and using it to connect to networked devices.
- Accurately troubleshoot, change, and correctly wire motors up to 480v and troubleshoot simple two and three wire motor starter controls.
- Knowledge of the National Electrical Code and ability to apply their requirements daily. Possess solid understanding of electrical safety
- Knowledge and proficiency in reading and interpreting blueprints, electrical schematics, ladder logic, and equipment manuals. Ability to troubleshoot control systems containing photo eyes, proximity switches, and limit switches.
- Experience working with equipment such as: hand tools; drills, saws; conduit equipment; amp probe, megohmmeter. multi-meter and other electrical test equipment
- Working knowledge of pneumatic and hydraulic systems
- Possess strong abilities to facilitate electrical repair, replacement and the installation of electrical components and automation
- Sense of urgency in terms of maximizing production and minimizing down time is necessary in this type of manufacturing environment
- Tasks performed involve work with equipment and materials that require familiarity with formal safety procedures and ability to follow these procedures to maintain the safety of the work environment
- Possess above average computer skills and computer systems knowledge, and the willingness to continually learn new applications
- Experience or ability to use a computerized maintenance management application/system
- Ability to work closely with supervisors and other departments; willingness to learn new things; be a team player/leader; good communications skills and demonstrate a positive attitude
- Self-starter with the ability and willingness to complete the designated TPC courses for the required advancement in the electrical progression
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written
- Willingness to work any shift, work overtime and weekends
Opportunity to learn additional skills:
- Troubleshoot and replace VFDs and Soft Starters.
- Make changes to PLC logic and FactoryTalk View ME and SE applications.
- Configure drivers in RSLinx and FactoryTalk Linx and use them assign IP addresses and diagnose network status.
- Advance your knowledge of block transfers, produced and consumed tags, and how to configure various types of IO modules.
- Interpret and program using Function Block Diagrams, Structured Text, and Sequential Function Chart
- Commission, troubleshoot, and replace instrumentation including pressure transmitters, flow meters, level transmitters, and temperature transmitters.
- Use a HART communicator, process meter, and other tools necessary for working with instrumentation and analog circuits
- Advance IT knowledge including assigning static IP address’ or using DHCP, configuring managed Stratix switches, and using command line, Wireshark, and other networking tools to troubleshoot networking issues.
About Wood Products We've been delivering quality building products and solutions to our customers for more than 100 years. From builders and dealers to specifiers and homeowners, we offer exceptional product performance and unparalleled support. For more than a century, we’ve been building our reputation as a leader in sustainable wood products.
About Weyerhaeuser We sustainably manage forests and manufacture products that make the world a better place. We’re serious about safety, driven to achieve excellence, and proud of what we do. With multiple business lines in locations across North America, we offer a range of exciting career opportunities for smart, talented people who are passionate about making a difference. *We know you have a choice in your career. We want you to choose us. *
/Weyerhaeuser is an equal opportunity employer. Inclusion is one of our five core values and we strive to maintain a culture where all our people feel a//sense of belonging, opportunity and shared purpose. We are committed to recruiting a diverse workforce and supporting an equitable and inclusive//environment that inspires people of all backgrounds to join, stay and thrive with our team. /
Job: *Operations, Manufacturing, & Construction
Title: Industrial Electrician (Journey Level)-Kalispell Lumber
Requisition ID: 01020035
- Weyerhaeuser Jobs