HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Mental Health Safety Coordinator in Kansas City, Missouri
Are you looking for a work environment as a Mental Health Safety Coordinator where diversity and inclusion thrive? Submit your application with Research Medical Centertoday and find out what it truly means to be a part of the HCA Healthcare team.
We are committed to providing our employees with the support they need. At RMC, we offer an array of medical, dental, and vision packages as well as several add-on perks to make your benefits package truly customizable to you and your family needs. Some of our unique benefits we offer include:
- Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs
- Paid Personal Leave
- 401k (100% annual match – 3%-9% of pay based on years of service)
- Identity Theft Protection discounts
- Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
We strive to provide the best possible care to our patients.
Would you like to unlock your potential with a leading healthcare provider dedicated to the growth and development of our colleagues? Join the Research Medical Center family! We will provide you the tools and resources you need to succeed in our organization. We are currently looking for an ambitious Mental Health Safety Coordinator to help us reach our goals. Unlock your potential here!
About this unit: * The teamwork in our 23-bed department is excellent. * Our shared governance council in the ED and the involvement of our staff in the shared governance in the hospital allow our nurses to truly impact the decisions that are made in the department and the overall hospital. * Because we are an accredited chest pain center, a comprehensive stroke center, and a level one trauma center we see some of the most complex patients that allow for an incredible learning environment.
* Provides professional patient care and administrative services to behavioral health patients on a designated unit in a manner consistent with the philosophy and objectives of Research Medical Center.
* Participates in the multidisciplinary treatment team plan of care.
* Works collaboratively with members of the health care team, maintains a safe environment, and provides patient and family education.
* Demonstrates competency to provide age appropriate care to adolescent patients (12-18 years of age), adult patients (18 and older, including geriatric patients age 55 years ).
* Provides milieau management and oversight of potentially violent patients.
* Displays heighthened vigilance to the hospital milieau in an effort to quickly identify serious or dangerous situations involving patients, staff or visitors.
* Participates and, at times, leads, post incident debriefings with present staff to focus on team development and process improvement. * Provides coaching, in conjunction with the Nurse Director, on techniques to be used by staff when engaging with patients. * Provides education to new staff regarding the Behavioral Crisis Response Team. * Frontline responders to all Code White episodes and leads the Code * Provide wanding of visitors and intervenes with any visitor who becomes actively aggressive. * Reports directly to the Nurse Manager / Director. * Manages the performance improvement process by collecting the Code White data and presenting at monthly Behavioral Health Crisis Intervention team meetings.
What Qualifications You Will Need: * High School Graduate. * Prefer current certification as a nursing assistant (C.N.A.) * BLS required upon hire. * CPI training to be in place upon hire with requirement to be STAR trained within 45 days * Require track to become an instructor in both CPI and STAR within 90 days * Responsibility for training orientees in both STAR and CPI as well as providing refresher courses to other employees * Require three years of inpatient psychiatric experience * Medical Terminology and clerical background preferred
/At Research Medical Center, above all else, we are committed to the care and improvement of human life/. Located in beautiful Kansas City, Missouri, RMC embodies the mission and heart of HCA MidAmerica. We are recognized as a healthcare leader due to our skilled, compassionate and dedicated doctors and nurses. To ensure that we exceed our patients’ health care needs, we staff over 700 doctors who represent 29 medical specialties in our 590-bed facility.
Several of our renowned programs, including Level I Trauma, Sarah Cannon Cancer Care, Grossman Burn Center, Neuroscience Institute and Women’s Care Center, feature advanced technological resources used to diagnose and treat patients. Whether your healthcare needs are urgent and critical or simply routine and preventative, our advanced capabilities allow us to be one of the most comprehensive hospitals in the Kansas City region.
HCA Healthcare has been continually named a /World's Most Ethical Company by Ethisphere/ since 2010. In 2018, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.3 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
Be a part of an organization that invests in you. We are actively reviewing applications. Highly qualified candidates will be promptly contacted by our hiring managers for interviews. Submit your application and help us raise the bar in patient care!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Job: *Supervisors Team Leaders & Coordinators
Title: Mental Health Safety Coordinator
Location: Missouri-Kansas City-Research Medical Center
Requisition ID: 09727-72632