Lockheed Martin AI/ML Research Engineer Associate Manager in King of Prussia, Pennsylvania
Description: The coolest jobs on this planet… or any other… are with Lockheed Martin Space.
At the dawn of a new space age, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing people are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every single day we use our skills and experiences to create, design and build solutions to some of the worlds’ hardest engineering problems. Our culture encourages employees to dream big, perform with excellence and create incredible products. We provide the resources, inspiration and focus and if you have the passion and courage to dream big, we want to build a better tomorrow with you.
The new Cognitive and Advanced Strategic Solutions group within Lockheed Martin Space is seeking a high energy AI/ML Research Engineering Associate Manager to support several Automatic Target Recognition programs. Our team works at the intersection of artificial intelligence and edge solutions, solving some of the hardest problems in space.
In this position you will:
• Perform all aspects of staffing such as recruiting, interviewing, and hiring of qualified candidates
• Be responsible for employee performance assessments, work assignments, and salary planning
• Work closely with leadership to understand the current and future needs of the CASS portfolio
• Maintain direct support to program in addition to functional responsibilities
• Be highly self-motivated and able to work independently without appreciable direction
Typically has 9 - 15 years of professional experience.
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin fosters an inclusive work environment that encourages differences and big-picture thinking.
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
• Paid time off
• Work/life balance
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards & recognition
Learn more about Lockheed Martin’s competitive and comprehensive benefits package.
• Knowledge of machine learning, deep learning, and/or computer vision (e.g. CNNs, Detection Networks, Segmentation Networks, etc.)
• Ability to learn new technologies and tools quickly
• Image and/or signal processing experience
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Top Secret or higher to be considered with the ability to obtain a TS/SCI prior to start.
• Previous experience as a functional manager or team lead, including staffing of interdisciplinary teams
• Experience with radar and/or SAR and/or EO systems
• Experience in Python scripting and/or object-oriented development (Java, C++, C#)
• Experience as a Release Train Engineer, Product Owner, and/or Scrum Master in an Agile development environment
• Experience with Control Account Management and/or Earned Value Management
• Experience with proposal or business development efforts
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
- Lockheed Martin Jobs