Lockheed Martin MMIII Deputy Senior Manager in King of Prussia, Pennsylvania
Description: The coolest jobs on this planet… or any other… are with Lockheed Martin Space.
At the dawn of a new space age, Lockheed Martin a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every day we use our outstanding skills and experiences to create, craft and build solutions to some of the worlds’ hardest engineering problems. Our culture supports employees to dream big, perform with excellence and create incredible products. We provide the resources, encouragement and focus and if you have the passion, we want to build a better tomorrow with you!
Do you have a passion to get humans back to the moon and eventually to Mars? NASA has developed the “Exploration Campaign” that includes steps for the development of the Lunar Orbital Platform-Gateway. Jim Bridenstine, NASA Administrator, said: “The glory of the Gateway is that it’s not just for the moon. In future years, it is the best point from which to go deeper.” The first element is the Power Propulsion Element (PPE) and need expertise to deliver outstanding new technologies to our customers. The PPE program is looking to build a core team of highly motivated engineers excited to be working in a fast pace, multifaceted environment! This is a rare opportunity for you to help NASA meet the challenges of the first step in achieving that “long-term presence at the moon” and the stepping point for human missions to Mars.
As a ICBM Minuteman III (MMIII) Deputy Program Manager , responsibilities include:
• Assisting the ICBM MMIII Program Manager in the successful execution of the Sustainment portfolio. Duties include management of customer intimacy, communication, and overall satisfaction for current and new initiatives related to MMIII Weapons System Sustainment activities.
• Assigned duties will have an emphasis on integration and execution of program activities in Valley Forge, PA as well as Bid & Proposal activities across the portfolio to include supporting program teams in development of proposals, ROMs, and budgetary estimates.
• Coordinate LM reviews and approvals to include Color Teams, ICE, INAR and EPPs.
• Mentor other employees on proposal processes such as writing BOEs, scheduling proposal activities, and generation of the deliverable products for both Sole Source and Competitive acquisitions. Must be able to engage with Air Force Programs Senior leadership in efforts to develop, shape, and lead new opportunities across all Sustainment program initiatives.
The Deputy Program Manager is directly accountable to the Sr. Portfolio Manager. Additionally, shall provide oversight and integration of ICBM MMIII programs within the portfolio and across the I&SS support functions as advised by the Sr. Program Manager.
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin cultivates an inclusive work environment that encourages differences and big-picture thinking.
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 1.1 million hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
• Paid time off
• Work/life balance
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards & recognition
Learn more about Lockheed Martin’s
• Professional leadership in Program Management, systems engineering and/or system architecture
• Demonstrated experience with requirement development and management through entire project life-cycle, including verification and/or validation
• Experience with cost estimation techniques, tools, and/or BOE development - experience with the ICBM or other Strategic Systems
• Candidate must possess an active secret clearance which requires US Citizenship.
• Engineering Degree in appropriate technical field
• Significant prior experience with AF ICBM Systems Directorate and LM ICBM & Strategic Systems (I&SS) customers (AFGSC, AFNWC, ICBM Systems Directorate, USSTRATCOM, and the National Laboratories)
• Knowledge and experience with Systems Engineering
• Execution on sustainment programs
• Understanding of Air Force ICBM Systems Directorate operations and the ICBM Task Tracking System (also known as JIRA)
• Acquisition experience/exposure
• Excellent writing and presentation skills
• Strong organizational, communication, presentation, and decision making skills
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
- Lockheed Martin Jobs