Lockheed Martin Software Engineer in King of Prussia, Pennsylvania
COVID-19 continues to significantly impact our employees, families and communities. With employee health and safety as our top priority, and as a federal contractor, Lockheed Martin is taking action to address the increased risk and uncertainty COVID variants pose in the workplace and ensuring we meet our commitments to national security.
As directed by Executive Order 14042: Ensuring Adequate COVID Safety Protocols for Federal Contractors, all current and newly hired employees, in the United States, are required to be fully vaccinated by January 18, 2022.
Description: The coolest jobs on this planet… or any other… are with Lockheed Martin Space.
At the dawn of a new space age, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator, and builder. Our amazing people are on a mission to make a difference in the world, and every day we use our outstanding skills and experiences to create, craft and build solutions to some of the worlds’ hardest engineering problems. Our culture supports employees to dream big, perform with excellence and create incredible products. We provide the resources, encouragement, and focus, and if you have the passion, we want to build a better tomorrow with you!
As a Software Engineer and Integrator, you will be responsible for developing and implementing algorithm software and integrating that software with continuous deployment into a large-scale system in a robust containerized environment.
This role provides the ability to integrate some of the newest technologies, as well as maintain and build them into operational capabilities.
Key responsibilities of this position are noted below:
• Integrate image processing algorithms with a graphical user interface using modern, high-level languages (C++, React JS, & Python)
• Perform full life cycle software development using Object-Oriented Programming, Agile Development Methodologies, and Test-Driven Development
• Utilize a large-scale DevOps pipeline to continuously test and deploy software applications
• Integrate new and updated software on cloud-based virtual computing resources
• Experience building, developing, and deploying software in a collaborative, multi-disciplinary research team setting
• Exceptional programming skills (including several of the following languages: C/C++, Python, React JS, MATLAB etc.) with ability to transition between languages as needed
• Experience integrating software in a Linux-based environment
• Degree in computer science, mathematics, applied statistics, various engineering disciplines, or related STEM discipline
• Strong experience with CI/CD products (Docker, Kubernetes, and Jenkins) and using them to integrate software into a unified workflow
• Proven history implementing image processing algorithms
• Experience deploying software to cloud computing services such as AWS, Google Cloud, or Microsoft Azure
• Experience monitoring and updating relational databases (e.g., PostgreSQL)
• Advanced degree in computer science, mathematics, applied statistics, various engineering fields, or related STEM subject area
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
- Lockheed Martin Jobs