Lockheed Martin Systems Engineer - Requirement and Verification in King of Prussia, Pennsylvania
Description: The coolest jobs on this planet… or any other… are with Lockheed Martin Space.
Your invitation to a forward-thinking future!
As we enter a new era of Strategic Weapon Systems, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every single day we use our unique skills, talents and experiences to design and build solutions to some of the world’s hardest engineering problems.
Do you want to be part of a culture that inspires employees to envision the impossible, perform with excellence and build incredible products?
We provide the resources, inspiration and focus—if you have the passion and courage to dream big, then we want to build a better tomorrow with you.
For over 60 years, the Fleet Ballistic Missile (FBM) team has supported the Navy’s mission to provide affordable and credible strategic defense. We offer unique career opportunities and challenges on a program with a rich history and exciting future. We help keep this nation and our allies secure. The FBM Program is experiencing significant growth and we need your expertise to deliver amazing new technologies to our customers while maintaining the technical requirements of the strategic deterrence.
Learn about the Trident II D5 Fleet Ballistic Missile.
Lockheed Martin (LM) is looking for an ambitious Systems Engineer to become a member of the Systems Engineering and Design Team.
As a Systems Engineer , you will:
• Act in defining system level verification activities through the development of verification requirements and pass criteria to ensure the system and sub system requirements are being verified through the assessment of program analysis, test and demonstration activities.
• Responsible for ensuring all R&V related program milestones are coordinated and completed in a timely fashion.
• Ensure that the program’s R&V processes/procedures and other required process assets are defined (in compliance with Space policies, processes, and practices, and contract requirements)
YOU WILL TYPICALLY HAVE:
•9+years of professional experience with a Bachelor's degree.
• Experience in systems engineering processes and activities.
• Experience with tracking requirements using DOORS database tool.
• Systems Engineering experience on a development program, including requirements flow-down, requirements derivation, requirements generation, requirements decomposition, verification planning, system architecture, and CONOPS development.
• Must have active Secret clearance with the ability to obtain and maintain a Top Secret Security Clearance.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills to build effective relationships across organizations, disciplines and with customers.
• Full understanding of the interdependencies of the systems engineering “V”.
• Experience creating work products for SRR, SFR, PDR, or CDR milestones.
• Ability to work with different engineering disciplines to derive and decompose requirements.
• Be a self-motivated individual who can work independently, in a team environment.
• Ability to work on a team on major project assignments, with accountability for technical performance, budget and schedule.
• Experience working in technical teams across a virtual and multi-site environment.
• Ability to implement engineering plans within a project.
• Candidate must be a strategic, forward thinker with a can-do attitude.
• Experience with development and delivery of system documentation, such as requirements documents, test plans, and release description documents.
• Active Top Secret clearance.
Security Clearance Statement: This position requires a government security clearance, you must be a US Citizen for consideration.
Clearance Level: Top Secret
Other Important Information You Should Know
Expression of Interest: By applying to this job, you are expressing interest in this position and could be considered for other career opportunities where similar skills and requirements have been identified as a match. Should this match be identified you may be contacted for this and future openings.
Ability to Work Remotely: Part-time Remote Telework: The employee selected for this position will work part of their work schedule remotely and part of their work schedule at a designated Lockheed Martin facility. The specific weekly schedule will be discussed during the hiring process.
Work Schedules: Lockheed Martin supports a variety of alternate work schedules that provide additional flexibility to our employees. Schedules range from standard 40 hours over a five day work week while others may be condensed. These condensed schedules provide employees with additional time away from the office and are in addition to our Paid Time off benefits.
Schedule for this Position: 9x80 every other Friday off
The annual base salary range for this position in Colorado or Washington is $100,400 - $192,500. Please note that the salary information is a general guideline only. Lockheed Martin considers factors such as (but not limited to) scope and responsibilities of the position, candidate's work experience, education/ training, key skills as well as market and business considerations when extending an offer.
Benefits offered: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Short-Term Disability, Long-Term Disability, 401(k) match, Flexible Spending Accounts, EAP, Education Assistance, Parental Leave, Paid time off, and Holidays.
(Washington state applicants only) Non-represented full time employees: accrue 10 hours per month of Paid Time Off (PTO); receive 40 hours of Granted PTO annually for incidental absences; receive at least 90 hours for holidays. Represented full time employees accrue 6.67 hours of PTO per month; accrue up to 52 hours of sick leave annually; receive at least 96 hours for holidays. PTO is prorated based on hours worked and start date during the calendar year.
This position is incentive plan eligible.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Business Unit: SPACE
Relocation Available: Possible
Career Area: Systems Engineering: Requirements Development
- Lockheed Martin Jobs