Sherwin-Williams Operations Manager in Kingdom, United States
Title: Operations Manager
Location: United Kingdom-SOUTH YORKSHIRE-SHEFFIELD
Job Number: 21000EZ0
Job Title: Operations Manager
CORE RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS
- To manage a team to ensure that production operations are carried out in the most efficient manner whilst ensuring both internal and external customer requirements are satisfied.
- To ensure the promotion of a continuous improvement culture and high morale. To show consistent improvement in the areas of safety, quality, service and cost.
- To support the Operations Manager’s direct reports to ensure they appropriately manage their teams and reward, motive and performance manage where appropriate.
- Ensure a safe working environment with zero recordable injuries in compliance with internal policies and external legislation, through the delivery of key enabling activities (e.g. Near Misses, Safety Observations, timely completion of actions). Ensure that safety and environmental incidents are fully investigated and the appropriate countermeasures established.
- Deliver the production plan, on time and to the correct product quality.
- Ensure investigation to quality incidents and track action completion. Improve equipment and processes to eliminate quality loss. Deal and resolve product rework in a timely fashion.
- Ensure appropriate and accurate performance data is collated. Ensure manufacturing and filling and packaging efficiencies perform as budgeted and deliver improvements in these efficiencies through reduction of losses.
- Continually reduce waste, striving for a reduction in standard waste towards a zero waste loss culture. Ensure accurate stock management.
- To ensure that the leadership and operatives are adequately trained to carry out their duties in a safe and satisfactory manner. To foster their development so that decision making is at the lowest appropriate level. Ensure adequate manning levels to enable the factory objectives to be achieved. Manage performance within the team using the Sherwin-Williams policies and procedures to achieve optimal efficiency and operational performance.
- Encourage a “Management by Fact” mindset
- To ensure that Team Leaders and Operatives are actively involved in improvement initiatives.
- To prepare reports and participate in management and other routine meetings as required.
- To liaise with other personnel and departments to ensure the smooth running of the whole of Sheffield Operations.
- Carry out any other duties deemed appropriate by the Operations Director.
- FORMAL EDUCATION:
- Degree or relevant experience
- High stand of math’s and English.
- KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE:
- Inspirational and strong leadership qualities. Excellent interpersonal, influencing, coaching and negotiating skills. A proven track record in managing change within a diverse environment. An articulate communicator both written and verbal. Ability to effectively build and manage relationships. Has enthusiasm and patience to develop others. Values strong team work.
- Numerically astute with the ability to analyse data and drive the appropriate action
- Professional and positive attitude with a high standard of work ethics
- A strong customer focus
- Passionate about sustaining standards as a base from which to improve. Produces dynamic and creative but appropriate improvement.
- Proficient at producing and presenting proposals and able to demonstrate objective analytical skills and business acumen. Systematic. Completer finisher. Good Project management skills.
- Hands on approach and attitude.
- Continuous improvement is a core value.
- Self motivated
- TECHNICAL/SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
- Advanced PC skills essential
- Strong financial and commercial awareness essential.
- Excellent excel skills
WELCOME TO SHERWIN-WILLIAMS
Sherwin-Williams is the largest paints and coatings company in the world. With $18 billion in sales, more than 4,100 stores, and 140 manufacturing and distribution centers worldwide. Our 60,000 employees across the globe are diverse, innovative and passionate. With a variety of rewarding and challenging opportunities, Sherwin-Williams is a great place to launch and grow a career. Find yours and join us today.
Please note you will need the existing right to work in the country you apply for. Sherwin-Williams is unable to sponsor work permits or visas.
Please note that Sherwin Williams is unable to respond to any enquiries, accept CVs or applications from Recruitment Agencies.
An equal opportunity employer, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on race, colour, religion or belief, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, ethnic or national origin, disability, age pregnancy or maternity, marital or civil partner status, or any other consideration prohibited by law.