HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Certified Central Sterile Technician PRN in Kissimmee, Florida
Osceola Regional Medical Centeris a Joint Commission accredited 404-bed hospital that builds on a proud tradition of healthcare excellence in Osceola County, Florida. Osceola Regional is conveniently and centrally located in Heart of Kissimmee only minutes from Orlando, St. Cloud, Celebration and Poinciana. We are committed to continually enhancing the standard of healthcare by providing services to include: Emergency Care, Trauma Care, Pediatric ER, Heart & Vascular Institute, Comprehensive Stroke Center, The Baby Suites maternity care, Neonatal Intensive Care Unit Level II, Women’s Services, Behavioral Health, Orthopedics & Spine and a Graduate Medical Education Program. We also expand our care to the community with our freestanding Emergency Department at Hunter’s Creek ER.
Osceola Regional Medical Center is currently seeking a Certified Sterile Processing Tech to join our Central Sterile Supply team. This position will be PRN, as needed.
- Responsible for the decontamination and/or sterilization of all reusable equipment, instruments, and supplies, and documents with attention to quality control and safety per Infection Control Standards, Universal Precautions , bio hazard, and OSHA guidelines. Utilizes all sterilizing monitors and indicators appropriately and documents accurately.
- Performs quality control through routine testing and cleaning to assure sterilization equipment and instruments are functioning properly. Inspects equipment, instruments, and packaging for cleanliness, defects and/or malfunctions. Ensures specialty carts are stocked and ready for immediate use.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the occurrence reporting system. Uses system to report potential patient safety issues.
- Follows established guidelines for reporting a significant medical error or unanticipated outcome in the patients care which results in patient harm.
- Optimizes use of supplies, equipment and services, ensuring a high level of clinical care at the lowest cost. Actively seeks ways to control costs without compromising patient safety, quality of care, or the services delivered.
- Accurately scans and records equipment and supplies to ensure appropriate charges and inventory control.
- High School diploma or equivalent is required.
- Minimum 1 year previous experience in central service processing
- Current CSPDT (Central Supply Processing Dept Tech) Certification through the National Certification Board for Central Service Technician, CBSPD (Certified Sterile Processing and Distribution Technician), or CRCST (Certified Registered Central Service Technician) through the International Association of Healthcare Central Service Materiel Management (IAHCSMM).
- Critical thinking, service excellence and good interpersonal communication skills, ability to read/comprehend written instructions, ability to follow verbal instructions, PC skills.
- Knowledge of sterilization supplies, equipment and instruments.
Job: *Clinical Techs - CV Cath Lab Surg Vasc & Central Sterile
Title: Certified Central Sterile Technician PRN
Location: Florida-Kissimmee-Osceola Regional Medical Center
Requisition ID: 01323-18371