Ingersoll Rand Tax Adjustment Analyst in LA CROSSE, Wisconsin
At Ingersoll Rand we are passionate about inspiring progress around the world. We advance the quality of life by creating comfortable, sustainable and efficient environments. Our people and our family of brands—includingClub Car®,Ingersoll Rand®,Thermo King®,Trane®,American Standard® Heating & Air ConditioningandARO®- work together to enhance the quality and comfort of air in homes and buildings; transport and protect food and perishables; and increase industrial productivity and efficiency. We are a global business committed to a world of sustainable progress and enduring results. For more information, visitwww.ingersollrand.com.
Ingersoll Rand is a diverse and inclusive environment. We are an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to hiring a diverse workforce; including minorities, females, individuals of all sexual orientations and gender identities, individuals with disabilities, and United States qualified protected veterans.
The Tax Adjustment Analyst isresponsible for sales tax determination on equipment, service, local buy-sell,and parts sales and purchases.The individual will participate on a team that is responsiblefor accurate sales tax billing for the Ingersoll Rand North America region. A successful candidate is preferred to have had previous experience with US salesand use tax and be able to make decisions regarding tax exemptions and ensurethat taxes are invoiced correctly.The decisions and transactionsperformed in this position directly impact Ingersoll Rands financial exposure,cash flow, and sales tax audit liability. You will interact directly with thesales organization, internal departments, and outside customers. This positionwill be part of the Corporate Tax organization. The individual will beexpected to be a change agent, a self-starter, driven for results and able towork effectively with Customer Account Analysts and business unit leadership.This position will report directlyto the Tax Technology Manager.
Essential Functions andResponsibilities:
- Validate and process exemption certificates
- Work with internal and external customers to both educate and resolve tax related issues that arise with sales transactions
- Resolve tax disputes and process credits where appropriate.
- Various projects as assigned, including some routine tasks and special projects.
- Support audit function by providing requested exemption certificates to supportexempt sales.
- Minimum HS diploma or GED, preferably BS/BA in business administration, accounting or finance.
- Prior experience with sales tax/exemption certificates processes is a plus.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills required, with the ability to function independently as well as in a team environment
- Must be detail-conscious, responsible, and dependable
We are committed to helping you reach your professional, personal and financial goals. We offer competitive compensation that aligns with our business strategies and comprehensive benefits to help you live your healthiest. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse culture that engages as well as values the different backgrounds and experiences of our employee, which, in turn, spurs innovation, generates creative solutions and enhances our customer relations.
If you share our passion for inspiring progress—for bringing about bold shifts in how people, economies and societies operate—then you belong with Ingersoll Rand. Progress begins with you.
Primary Location: LA CROSSE-Wisconsin
Shift: Day Job
Posting: Jun 13, 2019, 5:33:33 PM
Ingersoll Rand is a diverse and inclusive environment. We are an equal opportunity employer and are dedicated to hiring qualified protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
- Ingersoll Rand Jobs