Air Products and Chemicals, Inc. MECHANICAL TECHNICIANS / MILLWRIGHT in La Porte, Texas
29708BRReq No.:29708BRJob Description and Qualifications:Air Products (NYSE:APD), a Fortune 500 manufacturer of industrial gases, is seeking experienced Mechanical Technicians for its Houston TX, Area HYCO facilities including LaPorte and Baytown. These positions will be based out of the LaPorte Texas facility.
The Houston Area consists of two large Steam Methane Reformer (SMR) Hydrogen plants, a POX reactor and Carbon Monoxide production. These plants supply steam, hydrogen and carbon monoxide to customers via our pipeline distribution systems
Work schedule is based on a Mon-Thurs, 10-hour dayshift with on-call responsibilities as needed.
ROLE RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
• Perform and/or supervise routine and breakdown inspection, repair, troubleshooting, modification, installation and commissioning of mechanical equipment such as centrifugal and reciprocating compressors, cryogenic pumps, gear drives, steam turbines, vessels, heat exchangers, reciprocating and centrifugal expanders in Air Products Operations facilities, joint ventures, subsidiaries, and third- party facilities.
• Develop work scopes for equipment repair and overhaul. Prepare and provide technical reports. Enter information into CMMS system (SAP) to provide accurate documentation on equipment and information.
• Provide the necessary technical leadership to continuously improve machinery condition and reliability.
• Provide technical on-site and remote training and guidance to individual plant operating and maintenance personnel, facilitating their role as the primary equipment maintenance support.
• Develop worn component refurbishment procedures and follow through on repairs and spare parts replacements based on Machinery Engineering recommendations.
QUALIFICATIONS / REQUIREMENTS:
• Five (5) years minimum experience in maintenance, start-up, and commissioning of industrial rotating machinery and plant equipment.
• Experience in a petrochemical, manufacturing or military environment.
• Two-year Associate degree in Mechanical discipline or relevant military experience
• Entry level candidates with SkillsUSA membership and the ability to demonstrate PDP leadership competencies are strongly encouraged to apply.
• Working knowledge of SAP, basic word processing, email and spreadsheet programs a plus.
• Practical knowledge of machinery overhauls and refurbishment.
• Good organizational skills, the ability to work alone if necessary, and the ability to lead a crew.
• Supervisory skills/experience.
• Demonstrated safe work skills, fundamental computer skills and the ability to work extended hours.
• Must be able to work in an industrial environment which includes lifting and climbing and must be able to work at heights and in confined spaces.
Military Veterans: Air Products is a military friendly employer that values the skills obtained through military teamwork. Our culture and company values the leadership and focus on safety that is obtained from your service. This position would be best suited for Non-commissioned Officers with specific focus in technical fields. Veterans from any branch or MOS with hands-on mechanical skill sets and, for example, experience in propulsion systems, engineering fields, nuclear power, aircraft maintenance, cryogenic technicians, and civil engineering are encouraged to apply.
To learn more, visit About Air Products.
Air Products offers a comprehensive benefits package including paid holidays/vacation, affordable medical, dental, life insurance and retirement plans.
Air Products is an Equal Opportunity Employer (U.S.) You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, citizenship, gender, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, or veteran status. Job Title:MECHANICAL TECHNICIANS / MILLWRIGHTEmployment Type:North America - Weekly Employment Status:Full TimeType of Relocation Benefits Provided:NoneLocation:US-TX-La Porte Country:United StatesRegion:North AmericaOrganization:Global Industrial GasesBusiness Sector / Division:Industrial Gases Americas