Marriott IT Support Technician in Lansing, Michigan
Additional Information Position supports hotels in New York Perimeter area, onsite training then remote.
Job Number 23009458
Job Category Information Technology
Location Newark Liberty International Airport Marriott, 1 Hotel Road, Newark, New Jersey, United States
Located Remotely? Y
Position Type Non-Management
Contribute general knowledge and skill in technology to provide second-level, escalated support and break- fix (repairs, installations, maintenance of all property & above property-based systems) for multiple units. Generally, work under supervision and within well-established guidelines to complete routine tasks. Has knowledge of technology equipment/processes and Marriott proprietary technologies. Is responsible for following Marriott guidelines in the form of ISMs and SOPs.
Follow all company policies and procedures, report accidents, injuries, and unsafe work conditions to manager. Maintain confidentiality of proprietary information; protect company assets. Speak with others using clear and professional language; answer telephones using appropriate etiquette. Serve as role model and first point of contact of the Guarantee of Fair Treatment/Open Door Policy process. Develop and maintain positive working relationships with others; support team to reach common goals. Ensure adherence to quality expectations/standards; identify, recommend, develop, and implement new ways to increase organizational efficiency, productivity, quality, safety, and/or cost-savings. Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 50 pounds. Stand, sit, or walk for extended periods of time. Enter and locate information using computers/ Point of Sale (POS) systems. Move up and down stairs/ramps. Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by Supervisors.
• Work to ensure hotels are in compliance with appropriate Marriott International Policies and Information Security Manuals. Implement solutions as directed to resolve discrepancies.
• Provide input to CAPEX to verify technology is replaced on/before end of support life.
• Ensure technology assets are secured.
• Work with Marriott certified providers.
• Maintain IT Checklist and Application Inventory in ServiceNow.
Quality Assurance/Quality Improvement
• Identify and recommend new ideas, technologies, or processes to increase organizational efficiency, productivity, quality, safety, and/or cost-savings.
• Comply with quality assurance expectations and standards.
• Assist in Information Technology disaster recovery and business continuity.
• Exchange information with other employees using electronic devices (e.g., cell phones, email).
• Provide assistance to coworkers, ensuring they understand their tasks.
• Speak to guests and co-workers using clear, appropriate and professional language.
• Answer telephones using appropriate etiquette including answering the phone within 3 rings, answering with a smile in one's voice, using the callers' name, transferring calls to appropriate person/department, requesting permission before placing the caller on hold, taking and relaying messages, and allowing the caller to end the call.
• Discuss work topics, activities, or problems with coworkers, supervisors, or managers discreetly and quietly, avoiding public areas of the property.
• Talk with and listen to other employees to effectively exchange information.
• Provide escalation support for ServiceNow tickets.
• Provide remote escalation support for Marriott approved technology solutions (i.e. mobility devices, GPNS) and Identity Center Processes.
• Provide escalation and guidance to property pertaining to guest and associate internet access requirements.
• Escalate problems as appropriate through direct supervisor, IT Field Manager Desktop Support.
• Escalate problems as appropriate through direct supervisor, CLS IT Field and/or Marriott IT resources
• Provide remote application installation and configuration support.
• Confirm that technology security (i.e. encryption, patch deployment) and technology compliance (i.e. Quarterly ID Audits, MAARK1) are implemented.
• Advise/consult on IT audits.
• Create and manage hardware inventory.
• Manage IT-related components of projects.
• Provide 3rd party Vendor Management and escalation support.
• Problem Solving
• Computer Skills
• Diversity Relations
• Electronic Communication
• Applied Reading
• Positive Demeanor
• Safety Orientation
• Time Management
Hardware and Software
• Help Desk
• Network Applications
• Client/Server Application
• LAN and WAN Administration
• Server System
• Network Support
College degree or equivalent work experience
Related Work Experience
At least 2 years of related work experience
No supervisory experience is required
California Applicants Only : The pay range for this position is $25.00 to $28.00 per hour.
Colorado Applicants Only : The pay rate for this position is $25.00 per hour.
New York City & Westchester County, NY Applicants Only : The pay range for this position is $25.00 to $28.00 per hour.
Washington Applicants Only : The pay range for this position is $25.00 to $28.00 per hour. Employees will accrue 0.4616 PTO balance for every hour worked and are eligible to receive minimum of 7 holidays annually.
All locations offer coverage for medical, dental, vision, health care flexible spending account, dependent care flexible spending account, life insurance, disability insurance, accident insurance, adoption expense reimbursements, paid parental leave, educational assistance, 401(k) plan, stock purchase plan, discounts at Marriott properties, commuter benefits, employee assistance plan, and childcare discounts. Benefits are subject to terms and conditions, which may include rules regarding eligibility, enrollment, waiting period, contribution, benefit limits, election changes, benefit exclusions, and others.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law. Marriott International considers for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
Marriott International is the world’s largest hotel company, with more brands, more hotels and more opportunities for associates to grow and succeed. We believe a great career is a journey of discovery and exploration. So, we ask, where will your journey take you?
- Marriott Jobs