Cardinal Health Sr. Associate, Receiving in LaVergne, Tennessee
Shift: Monday through Friday from 6:00 am to 2:30 pm
What Warehouse Operations contributes to Cardinal Health
Warehouse Operations is responsible forperforming/controllinga combination of manual or automated tasks necessary for the receipt, storage, and shipment of product. This may include functions of receiving, picking, packing, shipping, staging, transporting, storage, delivery, etc. Also responsible for the efficient flow of products from the point of product receipt from vendors to the shipment of products (via prescribed service parameters) to a variety of internal and external customers.
- High school diploma or GED preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- 2 - 3 years related experience preferred
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with Elite, MHE and RF gun is preferred
- Learn every function within the Receiving department
- Ability to lead the team in prioritizing daily volume
- Responsible for shipment receipt coordination and verification
- Answering or escalating any questions or concerns regarding receipts from various departments within Cardinal via email and phone
- Work closely with Supervisor, Lead, and Floor associates to fulfill the business demand based upon priority and case severity
- Become familiar and responsible for WMS and inbound delivery platform.
- Responsible for coordinating inbound shipment schedule and recording of events throughout the shipments
- Ability to train current and new employees on new and/or revised processes
- Previous material handling equipment experience (MHE) preferred
- Radio frequency (RF) scanner and/or voice to pick experience highly preferred
- Must be able to work overtime with little to no advance notice
What is expected of you and others at this level
- Applies knowledge and company policies to complete a variety of tasks
- Demonstrates a working knowledge of jobs outside area of responsibility
- Maintains appropriate licenses, training and certifications
- Works on assignments that are moderately difficult requiring judgment in resolving issues
- May assist in recommendation of processes on new assignments
- Adheres to all quality guidelines and standards
- Works with limited supervision. Work occasionally involves review of output by work lead or supervisor
- Provides general guidance or technical assistance to less experienced team members
- Responsible for adhering to the work schedule proposed. Additionally, the employee may be required to come in earlier and/or stay pass the proposed scheduled hours, including up to weekend projects.
Cardinal Health supports an inclusive workplace that values diversity of thought, experience and background. We celebrate the power of our differences to create better solutions for our customers by ensuring employees can be their authentic selves each day. Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, pregnancy, veteran status, marital status, creed, status with regard to public assistance, genetic status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.
To read and review this privacy notice click here (https://www.cardinalhealth.com/content/dam/corp/email/documents/corp/cardinal-health-online-application-privacy-policy.pdf)
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
- Cardinal Health Jobs