HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Registered Nurse Emergency Room PRN Sea in Lewisville, Texas
_Work Schedule:_ PRN Seasonal Emergency Room
Program Runs from August 1 2021 to March 26, 2022
Rate: $62.00 per hour
- Completion bonus to be paid after the successful completion of 16 consecutive weeks of employment while meeting all shift requirements during that time period. Only one (1) completion bonus will be paid per 36 week season.
- All seasonal RNs are required to work a minimum of 72 hours per pay period during the seasonal period.
- Within a close geography, you may be asked to float to another facility that has an emergent staffing need.
- Four (4) weekend shifts are required each 4 week schedule period.
- During the course of the 16 week period, the employee is required to work two (2) holiday shifts (defined by Department Manager or designee).
- Seasonal Staff are PRN status employees and are subject to first call-off. There is no guarantee of hours by the hospital.
- Seasonal Staff will not be eligible for benefits, except 401(k) and retirement contribution per the PRN policy.
- Registered Nurses who are in the Seasonal program will have one opportunity to pass the clinical competency evaluation.
- Current FT/PT & PRN Level 3 employees are not eligible to join the Seasonal program for 2021-2022 with the exception of RNs that participated in the Seasonal program in 2020-2021.
Shifts may vary based on the needs of the department. You must be flexible
Minimum 2 years of verifiable experience in an Acute care ER to to participate in this program
Completion bonus available for qualified applicants
Medical City Lewisvilleis focused on providing high-quality care to our community. As aMagnet®recognized facility, licensed for 186 beds, we are a leader in the DFW market for quality metrics, and Nursing satisfaction performance according to the National Database of Nursing Quality Indicators.
Through our many well established professional practice councils and shared leadership model,Medical City Lewisvilleis committed to listening to ournursing voice; which drives outcomes and impacts practice environments using evidence-based research.
We are also proud to announce that our new 24 bed Emergency Room includes_Denton County’s only dedicated Pediatric ER_.
Come join a team where Nurses say:
/“It’s very much like family here. Everyone is friendly and gets to know one another. We take pride in the fact we have such a friendly culture while still being able to deliver exceptional care that rivals larger organizations.”/
Position Summary & Responsibilities:
The Registered Nurse – RN – Emergency Departmentprovides direct nursing care in accordance with established policies and procedures of Medical Center of Lewisville. In collaboration with patient, patient’s family and other members of the health care team, the clinical RN is responsible for assessing the nursing care needs of patients, planning interventions and evaluating outcomes of care. The RN provides direct care and/or supervises nursing care of LVN’s, EMT’s, Paramedics, and non-licensed nursing staff. The RN is responsible for providing care consistent with the Nursing Department’s policies, procedures and standards of practice.
Minimum Position Requirements:
- TX RN license or compact license
- BLS (AHA) certification
- ACLS (AHA) certification. If currently have ACLS (AHA) it must be maintained; if not, it must be obtained within 6 months of hire and then maintained.
- ENPC or PALS (AHA) and TNCC required within one year of hire.
Education:* *Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
- ADN required.
- BSN preferred. If hired into RN required position after September 2014 and no BSN, then BSN required within 3 years of facility date.
Experience:Staff RN’s not hired in a graduate nurse or intern status, must have a minimum of one year recent nursing experience in area of practice in an acute care setting.
Job: *Nursing - Professional
Title: Registered Nurse Emergency Room PRN Sea
Location: Texas-Lewisville-Medical City Lewisville
Requisition ID: 00950-149286