Northrop Grumman Dir Programs 1 in Linthicum, Maryland
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems and technology that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they are making history.
The Director Program Management will lead the Mission Systems Emerging Capabilities Development (ECD) operating unit for Artificial Intelligence with a portfolio of Internal R&D (IRAD) and Contract R&D (CRAD) focused on technology maturation and transition to CMAD and business units throughout the company. This position has an established team of Program Managers and will be responsible for setting a vision and goals for these areas and leading the team to the successful completion of technology maturation and transition, financial, strategic, and leadership coaching and mentoring goals using agile leadership techniques.
Work across the Science and Technology (S&T) customer community and business units across the company to: engage customer resource sponsors, program offices, operators and other stakeholders; help prioritize opportunities and investments; and facilitate capture and campaign strategy sessions.
Specific responsibilities include customer and stakeholder engagement; pipeline and new business portfolio management; successful contract execution, and coordination with and transition of technology to other business units to support Northrop Grumman's goals. In this exciting and challenging role, the Director will be responsible for the leadership of an established team of Program Managers who identify, capture, develop, and execute new and follow-on business.
• Serve as the primary liaison between a geographically dispersed programs team and BU leadership.
• Ensure all programs are executed in a manner that meets or exceeds Northrop Grumman yearly financial goals and customer requirements with overall accountability for cost, schedule and technical performance.
• Develops, communicates and implements vision, strategy, goals and metrics that align with and drive business objectives for cost, safety, quality, customer satisfaction, and continuous improvement in alignment with the broader organization.
• Assist the leadership team in developing and implementing long-term growth strategies and in developing strong customer relationships. Partner across market segments, operating units, business units, sector and Northrop Grumman to design and deliver in accordance with contracts.
• Proactively create, cultivate and enhance relationships with current and potential customers, including the S&T community, divisions across Northrop Grumman, prime contractors, and other organizations to identify new business opportunities.
• Support the development and adherence of program management and project control processes and procedures.
• Hire, train, develop, and supervise a motivated team of Program Managers.
• Manage discretionary budget.
• Bachelor's Degree and 10+ years of relevant experience supporting Department of Defense, Government contracts, or project management in other industries
• Ability to operate in a demanding, high-paced environment with minimal supervision
• High-energy strategic thinker with demonstrated ability to operate and communicate at both a strategic and a hands-on level, as needed
• Excellent interpersonal, written communication, and presentation skills, including the ability to clearly and succinctly communicate complex concepts to customer, Government and executive leadership
• The candidate should have a history of versatile and dynamic leadership and possess the ability to forge strong customer, stakeholder, and teammate relationships and to build, maintain and motivate a high performance execution team.
• Ability to travel approximately 20%
• Must have an active Top Secret Clearance and SCI eligibility
• Candidate shall be a strong collaborator with the ability to work across multiple areas within Northrop Grumman and be comfortable navigating a matrix environment.
• Ability to proactively identify risks / opportunities and assist with handling plans
• Advanced Degree (MS or PhD) in STEM Preferred
• Direct work experience with the Department of Defense S&T community (e.g., DARPA, AFRL)
• Ability to advocate and influence government developmental acquisition plans and create new business capture strategies
• Understanding of export/import control rules and regulations such as ITAR, EAR FAR, DFAR, etc.
• Strong customer domain knowledge and a proven track record of sustained business growth
• Previous Profit & Loss (P&L) responsibility
• Experience executing programs using common Agile frameworks (e.g., SAFE) and ability to apply agile leadership techniques
• Experience with Earned Value Management System (EVMS) requirements
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Category : Program Management
- Northrop Grumman Jobs