Lockheed Martin Electric Propulsion Engineer, Early Career in Littleton, Colorado
Description: Take your career to a new level and work at an extraordinary company in Littleton CO !
The coolest jobs on this planet… or any other… are with Lockheed Martin Space!
For over 100 years Lockheed Martin has been designing, building, fielding and supporting some of the most advanced technology in the skies. Are you ready to design what's coming next? Be part of a highly innovative team providing ingenious solutions to complex technical problems facing the aerospace industry. Our culture inspires employees to think big, perform with excellence and build incredible products. We provide the resources, inspiration and focus - if you have the passion and courage to dream big, then we want to build a better tomorrow with you!
What does this role look like?
If this describes you, come join our team within the Bus Center of Excellence (BUSCoE) as our next Electric Propulsion Engineer ! This is a unique opportunity to join an outstanding, experienced team of engineers united by a common passion for pushing the boundaries of space propulsion.
As an Electric Propulsion Engineer , you will be responsible for a wide variety of efforts spanning the entire engineering design life-cycle for one or more innovative, game-changing space vehicles, from preliminary concept and requirement definition through hardware build, test, integration and, potentially, launch-site and on-orbit operations.
Key activities you will accomplish in this role:
In this exciting role, you may be required to lead or support the following activities associated with one or more space-vehicle propulsion subsystems:
• Work on all phases of effort regarding the high-power electronics that are part of electric propulsion systems
• You will be the main POC for electronics in other parts of the propulsion system
• The electronics may be in-house efforts or designed and built by suppliers
• Establish qualification and acceptance test procedures and then review and certify hardware
• Work ground and flight anomaly resolutions. This role includes significant interaction and integration across the technical domains
• Ensure product integration with flight software and flight avionics
• Work closely with propulsion engineers to ensure system integration and flight success
• Establish relationships with suppliers and work with them for high quality deliveries
• Define, review and verify requirements
• Develop and present subsystem- or system-level trade studies, specifications, design review charts, board charts, etc.
• Support detailed design and analyses activities
• Support component selection efforts
• Generate procurement documents including Supplier Data Requirements (SRDs), Statements of Work (SOWs), etc.
• Review supplier deliverables
• Coordinate across all vehicle subsystems and teams
• Interface with internal and external stakeholders and customers
• Create and maintain Integrated Master Schedules (IMS) and supplemental schedules
• Provide detailed task planning and execution
• Support manufacturing teams in component testing and subsystem builds
• Support subsystem test, shipment and integration
• Identify and communicate risks and opportunities
• Quickly identify and resolve anomalies and discrepancies
• Support proposal teams in providing cost and schedule estimates
For this role, you will need:
• Please note: this is not an entry level position.
• 2 - 5 years of professional experience.
• Willing and able to obtain and maintain a Secret clearance , thus US Citizenship is required.
• Bachelors degree or higher from an accredited college in Electrical Engineering or related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education.
• Experience with hardware design, analysis and/or troubleshooting of high-reliability electronics.
• Experience with CCA / circuit design and PWB knowledge
• Willing and able to obtain and maintain a Secret clearance, thus US citizenship is required.
• Previous or current Product Engineer or equivalent experience.
• Experience in Worst Case Analysis
• Some knowledge of radiation hardening and survivability requirements
• Knowledge of the following types of electric propulsion: Hall Current Thrusters, Arcjets, Gridded Ion Engines, EHTs, etc.
• Electronic parts lot acceptance requirements in Military Standards, J standards, NASA standards
• Passion for Space Propulsion
• Solid understanding of mechanical and/or propulsion engineering principles
• Proven problem-solver and technical leader
• Proficiency with MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
• Excellent verbal/written communication, presentation and interpersonal skills with technical and non-technical audiences
• Willingness to support a wide variety of propulsion activities as opposed to specializing in a single area or function
Security Clearance Statement: This position requires a government security clearance, you must be a US Citizen for consideration.
Clearance Level: Secret
Other Important Information You Should Know
Expression of Interest: By applying to this job, you are expressing interest in this position and could be considered for other career opportunities where similar skills and requirements have been identified as a match. Should this match be identified you may be contacted for this and future openings.
Ability to Work Remotely: Part-time Remote Telework: The employee selected for this position will work part of their work schedule remotely and part of their work schedule at a designated Lockheed Martin facility. The specific weekly schedule will be discussed during the hiring process.
Work Schedules: Lockheed Martin supports a variety of alternate work schedules that provide additional flexibility to our employees. Schedules range from standard 40 hours over a five day work week while others may be condensed. These condensed schedules provide employees with additional time away from the office and are in addition to our Paid Time off benefits.
Schedule for this Position: 4x10 hour day, 3 days off per week
The annual base salary range for this position in Colorado or Washington is $67,400 - $129,300. Please note that the salary information is a general guideline only. Lockheed Martin considers factors such as (but not limited to) scope and responsibilities of the position, candidate's work experience, education/ training, key skills as well as market and business considerations when extending an offer.
Benefits offered: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Short-Term Disability, Long-Term Disability, 401(k) match, Flexible Spending Accounts, EAP, Education Assistance, Parental Leave, Paid time off, and Holidays.
(Washington state applicants only) Non-represented full time employees: accrue 10 hours per month of Paid Time Off (PTO); receive 40 hours of Granted PTO annually for incidental absences; receive at least 90 hours for holidays. Represented full time employees accrue 6.67 hours of PTO per month; accrue up to 52 hours of sick leave annually; receive at least 96 hours for holidays. PTO is prorated based on hours worked and start date during the calendar year.
This position is incentive plan eligible.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Business Unit: SPACE
Relocation Available: Possible
Career Area: Electronics Engineering
- Lockheed Martin Jobs