Lockheed Martin Electro-Optical Payload Capital Portfolio Manager in Littleton, Colorado
Description: Are you passionate about state-of-the-art technology in space exploration, and seeing your work applied to real life applications that travel to space? Then you should join Lockheed Martin Space’s Optical Payload Center of Excellence (OPCoE) for space applications as an Electro-Optical Payload Manager! OPCoE enables new frontiers in visible-light and infrared systems, missile defense, space exploration and much more. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every single day we use our unique skills and experiences to create, design and build solutions to some of the world’s hardest engineering problems.
We are seeking a leader with a track record of delivering to technical, schedule, and financial commitments, and driving the best customer and enterprise value as a result. We want someone who demonstrates a breadth of technical knowledge across multiple functions and a variety of program experience. Our Electro-Optical Payload Manager is someone with exceptional communication skills, and a proven ability to represent the organization to customers, employees, and partners.
More specifically, you will:
• Lead design, development and delivery for Space and Airborne capital equipment, with a primary focus on optical systems and sensors. The development tasks will include a close relationship with technical stakeholders as well as business development teams
• Lead a team of Responsible Systems Engineers (RSEs) and/or Certified Principle Engineers (CPEs) to perform development activities including requirements development, Subsystem Specification Development, Technical Input to Subcontractor Task Statements, and major supporting program milestone reviews
• Work closely with the CSE, Payload Architect, and System Architect to develop a cost- effective, competitive Optical System solutions
• Act as Point of Contact (POC) to Systems Engineering, Program Management, COE Leadership, and the Customer/program community
• Perform in the role of Payload Integrated Product Team (IPT) CAM, which includes schedule generation, Cost management against Fixed Price budget, and management against IMS and Headcount / cost
You are a strategic thinker with demonstrated experience operationalizing strategic vision into
actionable engagement. You have done this effectively in a large, complex organization in a dynamic, changing environment, and show skill in identifying and mitigating mission and implementation risk. You thrive in an environment which supports the integration of multi-disciplinary technical teams. You should have strength in Systems Engineering life-cycle processes and complex system(s) launch certification. You enjoy driving innovation through the design and delivery of affordable mission-enabling capabilities aligned to customer operations, requirements, needs and market development.
Excellent communications skills both verbal and written with the proven ability to communicate to all levels internally and externally
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
• Paid time off
• Work/life balance
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards & recognition
Learn more about Lockheed Martin’s competitive and comprehensive benefits package.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
• Demonstrated experience working across space and ground applications
• Experience as Payload/subsystem/component Certified Principal/Professional Engineer (CPE) including preparing and presenting at engineering (ERB), failure (FRB), and/or senior
material review boards (SMRB) and/or equivalent
• Payload/Major subsystems level CAM
• Bachelors degree in technical discipline (i.e., mechanical, electrical, or other engineering/science discipline);l or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Current Top Secret clearance or equivalent
• Current TS/SCI with Poly
• Experience as Payload level or major subsystem integrating CPE
• Experience in subcontract management (including CAM experience, experience with firm fixed price contracts)
• Capital management experience
• Demonstrated experience managing R&D and CRAD teams
• System engineering knowledge for the development and verification of optical payloads and sensors
• Demonstrated ability to drive closure and resolve complex and large scale technical problems
• Prior Full Spectrum Leadership roles with proven experience leading employees to perform productively and foster relationships in a cross-functional team environment
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
- Lockheed Martin Jobs