Lockheed Martin GOES-R Systems Engineering Mgr in Littleton, Colorado
COVID-19 continues to significantly impact our employees, families and communities. With employee health and safety as our top priority, and as a federal contractor, Lockheed Martin is taking action to address the increased risk and uncertainty COVID-19 variants pose in the workplace and ensuring we meet our commitments to national security.
To uphold safety for all employees, we will continue to request vaccination status for all Lockheed Martin employees including new hires. All current and newly hired employees are required to follow onsite safety measures based upon the COVID-19 Community Level at the specific work location.
Description: The coolest jobs on this planet… or any other… are with Lockheed Martin Space. At the dawn of a new space age, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every day we use our unique skills and experiences to create, design and build solutions to some of the worlds’ hardest engineering problems.
Do you want to be part of a culture that inspires employees to envision the impossible, perform with excellence and build incredible products? We provide the resources, inspiration and focus—if you have the passion and courage to dream big, then we want to build a better tomorrow with you.
GOES-R Systems Engineering Manager for Lockheed Martin Space.
The SE Manager role at LM is critical for the successful development of the most advanced technology and complex systems in the world. You will be a key member of a team that works closely with the GOES-R Program Manager and Chief Engineer to develop technical solutions, technical/cost proposals, drive affordability, and lead system development and verification/validation to deliver on this critical program.
GOES-R System Engineer Manager is responsible for:
• Leading the Systems Engineering Team in a broad range of activities to deliver and certify the GOES-R System for flight, including: System Architecture, Modeling and Analysis, Requirements Development, System Design Integration, and Verification and Validation to ensure we meet the Customer's Mission needs
• Driving standard methodologies and process across the program to provide an optimal and cost-effective solution
• Performing personnel management activities
• Managing systems engineering cost control accounts
• Supporting program planning ensuring the integrated master schedule properly integrates to support system level events, such as system level I&T tests activities and verification events
• Ensuring Specialty Engineering plans, processes, and requirements are addressed within the program (e.g., PMP, EMI/EMC, reliability, contamination, etc.)
• Ensuring technical baseline control, including chairing the Engineering Review Board (ERB)
• Managing verification of system technical requirements and product/system performance
• Leading the Risk and Opportunity Management Program (ROMP)
• Leading Systems Design reviews and representing systems engineering at other program reviews, Change Control Boards (CCBs), Product Certification Boards, Failure Review Boards (FRBs) and Engineering Corrective Action Board (ECAB); serve as the program liaison with Independent Review Boards for System level reviews
• Facilitating the use of common products, MBSE, and innovation.
Learn more about Lockheed Martin’s comprehensive benefits package.
• Bachelor's in Engineering with 10+ years overall technical experience
• 3+ years of experience performing systems engineering functions
• 3+ years of experience working on GOES-R or a similar technical domain
• Full Spectrum Leadership (FSL) skills and experience leading employees to perform productively and develop relationships in a multi-functional team environment
• Experience as Systems Lead on other programs and as a coded leader/manager
• Extensive experience with the Satellite development programs and I&T
• Experience implementing LM's System Engineering processes and command media
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, strong social skills, and ability to build consensus among peers while building solid relationships with team members, leadership, subordinates, and customers
• Demonstrated consistency with high ethical standards and conduct
• Recognized as an authority in systems thinking techniques with the demonstrated ability to apply them to a wide range of complex problems and train others in their application
• Missile or space segment design and test experience with one or more subsystems or disciplines outside of Systems Engineering
• Ability to lead multi-functional teams and lead multiple teams to communicate and coordinate work as one team with common goals
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
- Lockheed Martin Jobs