Lockheed Martin Manufacturing Supervisor in Littleton, Colorado
Description: The coolest jobs on this planet… or any other… are with Lockheed Martin Space . Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing people are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every single day we use our skills and experiences to create, design and build solutions to some of the worlds’ hardest engineering problems. Do you want to join a team where employees envision the impossible, perform with excellence and build incredible products? We are creating a better today and tomorrow by seamlessly aligning diversity and inclusion efforts with Lockheed Martin’s values and business strategy. We offer business resource groups such as African American Council for Excellence (AACE), The Women’s Impact Network (WIN), Hispanic Organization for Leadership & Awareness (HOLA), Military/Veterans Network, PRIDE LGBT Professional Network, and more. We are also committed to enabling transitioning veterans to connect with their communities and find new purpose as they reintegrate into civilian life. By clicking on the links, you can find out more on how we proudly support Global Diversity and Hiring Our Heroes .
We are seeking a Manufacturing Supervisor to join our Production Operations team located in Littleton CO.
You will have the pleasure of leading and managing the battery manufacturing team building NiH2, LiIon and Prismatic batteries for multiple Satellite Systems within the Littleton, Colorado facility. You will be responsible for day-to-day improvement activities, mid to long range strategy, and ensuring production will be fit and ready to support our customers' needs. You will exhibit strengths in leadership, communication (both oral and written), and presentation/organizational skills by communicating with employees, managers, and customers maintaining sustainable working relationship.
Summary of Key Duties for this position:
• You will be engaged in the role of a First Line Leader managing the battery manufacturing team; Demonstrate Full Spectrum Leadership imperatives of deliver results, shape the future, build effective relationships, energize the team, and model personal excellence.
• You have primary responsibility for the daily execution of your assigned workforce - to include direct accountability for cost, schedule, and quality performance.
• You drive continuous improvement and development of technical competencies, talent, and performance; assisting with performance evaluations.
• You provide a safe work environment; identifying and correcting unsafe conditions in timely manner.
• You maintain effective oversight and management of the team, team building, and individual team member development; establishing a baseline of technician skills and establish cross-training plans to maximize workforce capacity.
• You prioritize production orders and assign daily tasks. Ensure shop activities are resourced properly and that we are working towards efficient processes.
• You drive, track, and manage all WIP in the work-cell and help eliminate obstacles that prevent the steady flow of hardware on the floor.
• You assess manufacturing performance to accomplish cost, schedule, and quality objectives for the production manufacturing areas.
• Communicate regularly with manufacturing\\Test leadership, program leadership, functional leadership, and support personnel.
• You ensure employees and leadership comply with defined core processes and defined processes that are program specific.
• Able to work off shifts, overtime and non-standard work weeks as needed to meet product deliveries.
Appropriate degree from an accredited college, or equivalent experience/combined education, with professional experience and specialized training commensurate with assignment.
• Bachelors degree from an accredited college/university or equivalent experience/combined education.
• Assembly experience.
• 3 or more years experience in manufacturing.
• Informal or formal leadership experience.
• Electronics, Harness, and Battery fabrication experience including the assembly and testing of NiH2, LiIon and Prismatic batteries.
• 5-7 years experience in manufacturing.
• Demonstrated experience and desire to lead, and must possess an aptitude for leadership skills, and behaviors that align with Full Spectrum Leadership.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
- Lockheed Martin Jobs