Lockheed Martin Mechanical Engineer - Experienced in Littleton, Colorado
Description: In this role you will be the liaison engineer between propulsion engineering and manufacturing/ATLO. In conjunction with the CAM this role requires providing proactive communication between the two areas to ensure all interdependencies are identified and actively being worked.
Your duties will include responsibility for the design, manufacture, procurement and test for the propulsion system components and assemblies. This job requires coordinating with customers, suppliers, test facilities, and other related fields including manufacturing, subcontracts, quality, structure design, analysis, systems engineering, and integration with affected subsystems and facilities.
Other duties may include,
• Provide technical expertise in evaluating technical quality of design products.
• Apply Lockheed Martin's technical processes, tools and validated methodologies to ensure Design Reviews for the program are executed successfully.
• Help develop timely resolution plans of issues and ensure the validity of designs, compliance evidence, and all associated documentation.
• Independently develop and provide design solutions, of varying complexity, using solid models, detailed drawings, and release of engineering work products.
• Support production meetings and manufacturing & test anomaly/discrepancy resolution.
• Evaluate, select, and own the technical aspects of the procurement from the selected hardware supplier.
• Coordinate with the subcontract team to ensure timely delivery of hardware to the Stennis production center.
• Peer review of engineering drawings and manufacturing work instructions.
• Coordination of test activities between engineering, manufacturing, and test engineering.
• Project lead for new developments, IRAD projects, and new propulsion engineering efforts.
• Apply previous lessons learned to upcoming activities.
• Lead weekly meetings to review overall schedule and help reduce roadblocks as they are presented.
• Be cognizant of type and frequency of non-conformances to help address them with engineering and manufacturing.
• Lead the coordination efforts for various milestone reviews, for example Manufacturing Readiness Reviews or Test Readiness Reviews.
• Coordinate the shipment efforts of major hardware to and from Stennis.
• Bachelor's degree in an Engineering or technical field and 10+ years technical experience related to missile, launch vehicle and/or space vehicle development, with at least 5 years of technical leadership.
• Demonstrated technical depth and breadth related to development, including authoritative level technical depth in at least one engineering subject area and experience in adjacent technical fields.
• Experience with Engineering and Systems Engineering development processes and all phases of development life cycle (to include proposal, design, qualification, requirements verification/validation, production and deployed system support)
• Experience with aerospace flight hardware design, analysis, manufacture, or test and integration
• Ability to lead an Integrated Product Team (IPT)
• Experience working with procurement and outside suppliers, Cost Account Management (CAM) team leadership, and schedule/planning experience.
• Ability to manage multiple assignments and customers, simultaneously and independently
• Ability to drive hardware production activities through delivery to the program
• Willingness to mentor junior engineers
• Willingness to travel to Stennis or subcontractors
• Certified Principal Engineer (CPE) or equivalent design lead responsibilities for missile, launch vehicle, spacecraft or aircraft product(s).
• Experience working directly with production centers and ensuring interdependencies are identified.
• Experience with propulsion manufacturing techniques: welding, splicing, harnessing, hardware installations.
• Leading failure analysis via formal failure review boards.
• Familiarity with configuration control and quality control tools and systems (e.g. EPDM, Q-notes, VRICs)
• Experience serving as organization spokesperson on advanced projects and/or programs.
• Experience developing advanced technological ideas and guiding their development into a final product.
• Hardware experience, including design, analysis, assembly, Integration and Test.
• Experience using EPDM Windchill, SAP and design tools.
• Knowledgeable at a systems level in the areas of stress, propulsion, harness routing, strength of materials, subcontracts, electrical design/analysis, software, transportation, and launch operations.
• Experience developing Proposal documents and Basis of Estimates (BOE’s).
• Experience with supply chain management and subcontracts.
• Experience leading a group or team.
• Previous experience planning and allocating tasks, and managing cost accounts.
• Excellent verbal/written communication, presentation and interpersonal skills with technical and non-technical audiences.
• Willingness to question the status quo and ask why.
Security Clearance Statement: This position requires a government security clearance, you must be a US Citizen for consideration.
Clearance Level: Secret
Other Important Information You Should Know
Expression of Interest: By applying to this job, you are expressing interest in this position and could be considered for other career opportunities where similar skills and requirements have been identified as a match. Should this match be identified you may be contacted for this and future openings.
Ability to Work Remotely: Part-time Remote Telework: The employee selected for this position will work part of their work schedule remotely and part of their work schedule at a designated Lockheed Martin facility. The specific weekly schedule will be discussed during the hiring process.
Work Schedules: Lockheed Martin supports a variety of alternate work schedules that provide additional flexibility to our employees. Schedules range from standard 40 hours over a five day work week while others may be condensed. These condensed schedules provide employees with additional time away from the office and are in addition to our Paid Time off benefits.
Schedule for this Position: 4x10 hour day, 3 days off per week
The annual base salary range for this position in Colorado or Washington is $118,100 - $226,400. Please note that the salary information is a general guideline only. Lockheed Martin considers factors such as (but not limited to) scope and responsibilities of the position, candidate's work experience, education/ training, key skills as well as market and business considerations when extending an offer.
Benefits offered: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Short-Term Disability, Long-Term Disability, 401(k) match, Flexible Spending Accounts, EAP, Education Assistance, Parental Leave, Paid time off, and Holidays.
(Washington state applicants only) Non-represented full time employees: accrue 10 hours per month of Paid Time Off (PTO); receive 40 hours of Granted PTO annually for incidental absences; receive at least 90 hours for holidays. Represented full time employees accrue 6.67 hours of PTO per month; accrue up to 52 hours of sick leave annually; receive at least 96 hours for holidays. PTO is prorated based on hours worked and start date during the calendar year.
This position is incentive plan eligible.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
At Lockheed Martin, we use our passion for purposeful innovation to help keep people safe and solve the world's most complex challenges. Our people are some of the greatest minds in the industry and truly make Lockheed Martin a great place to work.
With our employees as our priority, we provide diverse career opportunities designed to propel, develop, and boost agility. Our flexible schedules, competitive pay, and comprehensive benefits enable our employees to live a healthy, fulfilling life at and outside of work. We place an emphasis on empowering our employees by fostering an inclusive environment built upon integrity and corporate responsibility.
If this sounds like a culture you connect with, you’re invited to apply for this role. Or, if you are unsure whether your experience aligns with the requirements of this position, we encourage you to search on Lockheed Martin Jobs , and apply for roles that align with your qualifications.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Business Unit: SPACE
Relocation Available: Possible
Career Area: Mechanical Engineering
- Lockheed Martin Jobs